Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As in....he's in the RB...and if someone like Vandoorne is in the Merc....Albon must surely think he's quick enough to follow Max onto a podium this weekend.
Mad has a go at Albon’s pace earlier this week. Can’t quote exactly, but along the lines that being 40s behind your teammate isn’t a good look.

So George gets to drive Hamilton’s Merc. Jack Aitken gets the Williams.

Every cloud.....how about a 20th British Grand Prix winner to round off the year.

Edited to add, Stofel Vandoorne has apparently asked Toto Wolff for “permission for lower lip to wobble”

Last edited:

Statistics

War Hero
So George gets to drive Hamilton’s Merc. Jack Aitken gets the Williams.

Every cloud.....how about a 20th British Grand Prix winner to round off the year.

Edited to add, Stofel Vandoorne has apparently asked Toto Wolff for “permission for lower lip to wobble”

Now that's proper exciting news, odd's on Max crashing into him into Turn 1?

Now that's proper exciting news, odd's on Max crashing into him into Turn 1?
Pole and win for George? Bottarrse his usual self? Toto to Williams “you can have him back, we’re keeping George”.

There is a distinct chance that George’s first points in F1 are a win. At a blind guess Ludovico Scarfiotti was the last to do that.

RTU'd

War Hero
George deserves to get points, with Williams just making up the numbers on the grid.
And as Mercedes "own him" he gets to show his talent in a decent car for once.

Pole and win for George? Bottarrse his usual self? Toto to Williams “you can have him back, we’re keeping George”.

There is a distinct chance that George’s first points in F1 are a win. At a blind guess Ludovico Scarfiotti was the last to do that.
Quite.
I've not watched F1 last 6 events or so, but I can feel a little drum of Pringles & a cheeky craft cider coming on this Sunday.
Plus a SWMBO "emptying" into our office so she can keep up with her Prime shit.

Anyone have sensible views on what George will be given to work with software wise over the weekend on No44?
EG all out LH settings, or just enough to make the car circuit well for a mid-field "bring it home son" session?
LH of course is unbeatable, so perhaps let George loose and see what he can do?
Be a bit of a red face if he was right up Bottas's backside in practise...or better?

RTU'd

War Hero
Anyone have sensible views on what George will be given to work with software wise over the weekend on No44?
EG all out LH settings, or just enough to make the car circuit well for a mid-field "bring it home son" session?
Be a bit of a red face if he was right up Bottas's backside in practise...or better?
Top 10 on the Grid & Points, but podium useful.

Merc have nothing to lose, both championships wrapped up, it's up to Bottas to get second and, they have a free test of a driver to replace VB in 2022, with no risk as the car will be binned the race after next.

Statistics

War Hero

He drove last years W10, is familiar with the tyre management/grip levels from this season, no doubt he'll spend tonight and tomorrow in simulator and then has 3 practice sessions to get a good feel for things, although I imagine the handling and grip levels are night and day from the Williams!

I'd say he should target getting into Q3 and a points position on Sunday at the least. It'll be bloody interesting to watch, that's for certain!

He drove last years W10, is familiar with the tyre management/grip levels from this season, no doubt he'll spend tonight and tomorrow in simulator and then has 3 practice sessions to get a good feel for things, although I imagine the handling and grip levels are night and day from the Williams!

I'd say he should target getting into Q3 and a points position on Sunday at the least. It'll be bloody interesting to watch, that's for certain!
Trying to find some links, but my recollection is that when he drove a Mercedes in a test, he topped the time sheets. He’s very quick; I can seriously see him matching Bottas.

Latest Threads