Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wheel

LE
Err . . . is it too early to ask - should he return to F1 - will Grosjean recieve a penalty for yesterday's clearly "dangerous and avoidable incident", which could have (also) affected the Russian driver Daniil Kvyat, more seriously than it did ?!
Grosjean is due to retire at the end of the season so two races left. I very much doubt that he will back again.
As for dangerous and avoidable incident that is for the stewards to decide not fans and spectators.
I am not a grammar Nazi but your grammar and punctuation really does need to improve.

Probably the most stupid statement on here ever, wishing someone dead.
From the replays it appears that he his moving to the right expecting the Alpha Romeo that has over run the corner to come back onto the track from the left between himself and the Ferrari in front of him.
Didn't Karun Chandhok also point out a piece of debris thrown up by Lance Stroll rejoining the track at speed? It appeared to be heading straight for Grosjean's cockpit, fell slightly short and landed in front of his right tyre.

wheel

LE
Didn't Karun Chandhok also point out a piece of debris thrown up by Lance Stroll rejoining the track at speed? It appeared to be heading straight for Grosjean's cockpit, fell slightly short and landed in front of his right tyre.
Yes he did , I was shouting at the TV look at the Alfa, later at the end of the race he re appraised pointed out the debris and the Alfa. I guess he must have hear me shouting. ;)

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Serious question. Is this the first time someone has been barred from their own thread in the sensible part of the site. Only asking because I will catch up with CTD for a beer once the Covid restrictions have been removed. Then I can go weapons free on him ;)

It probably isnt the first time old boy. I have met both CTD and Dingerr in real life and they are thoroughly decent chaps. As I said up there mate, this thread is not the place for petty spats. It's nothing personal, I wouldnt pull him up on his site behaviour in real life.

PFGEN

GCM
Yes, he died when his Tyrell went headlong through the barriers at Watkins Glenn in 1973. His body was severed in two.

Duckhams were a Team Lotus sponsor and made a documentary following them through the season. The scene at the end shows Jackie Stewart and Ken Tyrell being told that Cevert had died, with Colin Chapman coming over to comfort them. Makes a mockery of Netflix’s Drive to Survive. It’s on Duke but behind a paywall now.

I think we often forget just how dangerous it was in these days (or at least I did).

Grosjean is due to retire at the end of the season so two races left. I very much doubt that he will back again.
As for dangerous and avoidable incident that is for the stewards to decide not fans and spectators.
I am not a grammar Nazi but your grammar and punctuation really does need to improve.
Haas have already announced that Pietro Fittipaldi will drive the car in the Sakhir GP. Not sure how he got enough Super license points, but he will be the fourth Fittipaldi to drive in F1 after Emerson, Wilson & Christian. I think he’ll be the first grandson of a driver to enter, certainly of a World Champion.

Grosjean isn’t retiring; he’s been sacked. IIRC he’s after a Peugeot WEC drive. I’d imagine his spatial awareness Issue will be exacerbated in a sports car.

Statistics

Old-Salt
"According to Luke Smith, Mercedes has announced that Vandoorne will fly to Bahrain after this test, but whether he will race is unclear. It seems like the most likely choice. Passing on George Russell may still be an option, but under his contract with Williams he can go out for one race. A big outsider is, of course, Nico Hulkenberg, who will return in many memes in the coming week. However, that does not seem to be the obvious choice."

/\ This.
Cannot see how cracked ribs will be able to withstand the harness G forces anyhow with the compressed back-to back events, or 2nd degree burns healing sufficiently.
Naturally, I'm relieved to see he survived ( a miracle) but he made Andrea De-Crasheris ( who tragically died on 2 wheels in 2015) look like an A.I.M. instructor.

Mercedes reserves are Guitierez and Vandoorne.

What will be interesting is to see how a reserve goes; is it the car or is it Hamilton?
It'll be interesting ( well...not a lot) to see the "expert" handbag swingers at dawn spittling over "is it the car or him" on Saturday/Sunday. If I had to bet, podium may look like Bottas 1, Mad Max 2, "take your pick" 3, and LH's car...well anywhere you can guess. Nobody can touch LH.....my vote is it's 80% him & 20% the car. On 3 whees, 4, shot tyres....does not matter really. Don't especially like the little shyte's off track antics, but you cannot take away the fact he's a freakish master in class.
Sunday has the potential to be one of the most revealing F1 events this year.

Statistics

Old-Salt
It'll be interesting ( well...not a lot) to see the "expert" handbag swingers at dawn spittling over "is it the car or him" on Saturday/Sunday. If I had to bet, podium may look like Bottas 1, Mad Max 2, "take your pick" 3, and LH's car...well anywhere you can guess. Nobody can touch LH.....my vote is it's 80% him & 20% the car. On 3 whees, 4, shot tyres....does not matter really. Don't especially like the little shyte's off track antics, but you cannot take away the fact he's a freakish master in class.
Sunday has the potential to be one of the most revealing F1 events this year.

If you're Alex Albon....you've got to be thinking of another Podium being on the cards surely, with no LH in one of the Mercs?

wheel

LE
I thought Lewis stayed in a bubble , did it burst ;)

Seriously when he won the drivers championship and was jumping all over his team without a mask on , shaking hands and hugging it was only to be expected.
Never mind he has the cute little blond to wait on him hand and foot the jammy git.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought Lewis stayed in a bubble , did it burst ;)

Seriously when he won the drivers championship and was jumping all over his team without a mask on , shaking hands and hugging it was only to be expected.
Never mind he has the cute little blond to wait on him hand and foot the jammy git.
Blond or blonde?

It's important...

It would be funny as **** if the person drafted in to replace Hamilton at the next GP won it at a canter.

Although the cynic in me thinks there will be a new engine map just for the race in that car...

Latest Threads