Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As the 2019 draws to a close with another dominant performance by the legend Lewis Hamilton, and another implosion from the Dancing Donkeys, we can start looking forward to next year's season.

Same rules as before - if you want to discuss another form of motorsport, such as two-wheel organ-donors, or touring cars, please start another thread to do this. Thank you.

Mods- please ban Skylog in advance, cheers.

Will 2020 be LH last with Mercedes? Seems he’s waiting on seeing what TW is doing & Ferrari & making positive noises.

Or is it all part of a larger contract negotiation?

Either way, think he will have a harder time next year with Leclerc & Verstappen on his heels. The former being real ant on Ferrari getting their act together.

Finally seems like McClaren are on their way back too? Early days but would be good to see 4 teams going for the title.

I’d like to see LH & VB remain at Mercedes although with Ferrari sniffing for Lewis will the carrot be a big enough incentive? I’m unconvinced.

Ferrari’s power is the biggest draw but also has more reliability issues, LH craves reliability to ensure regular wins.

The younger drivers will gain yet more experience which will make LH job of MS 7 titles so much harder, however not impossible.

Agreed with Scaley, it would be great to see 4 constructors challenge the title not just the top two.

My tuppence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Torro Rosso has been renamed Aloha Tauri for 2020.

All the teams are out of contract after 2020, could make for an interesting season off the track.

Robme

LE
Do we have to?
Where is the joy in computers maned by chimps being propelled at speed around a fixed circuit.

Do we have to?
Where is the joy in computers maned by chimps being propelled at speed around a fixed circuit.
And there we have it.

A computer operating a chimp for a change.

Last edited:
1 - Lewis would be stupid to leave Mercedes and go to Ferrari unless he takes half the Mercedes race team with him. The Ferrari is a decent enough motor, but the race team are shocking at times.
2 - Vettel must surely be a marked man at Ferrari. Outperformed & outscored by LeClerc and guilty of some boneheaded stunts & errors. (Leclerc not entirely innocent of these either, but he has the excuse of youth & inexperience)
3 - I think @dingerr will find it's Alpha Tauri, they're not moving base to Hawaii :)

1 - Lewis would be stupid to leave Mercedes and go to Ferrari unless he takes half the Mercedes race team with him. The Ferrari is a decent enough motor, but the race team are shocking at times.
2 - Vettel must surely be a marked man at Ferrari. Outperformed & outscored by LeClerc and guilty of some boneheaded stunts & errors. (Leclerc not entirely innocent of these either, but he has the excuse of youth & inexperience)
3 - I think @dingerr will find it's Alpha Tauri, they're not moving base to Hawaii :)

Plus 1 for that: I'd be very surprised to see Lewis cross the floor to Ferrari now.

He loves to win and, whilst the car has shown that it can win, the team is riven with mismanagement and strategic incompetence.

I'd have more respect for the Dancing Donkey if 'the suits' behind the logo carried out a cleansing of some of the pit wall team and the senior garage and strategic staff: if this season has proved one thing it should be that the bulk of the 'experts' at Ferrari are not . . . well . . . experts.

Farking autocorrect.

Carbon 6

War Hero

IMG_0954.JPG

Whichever team he goes to, I hope he takes Angela with him. I love her bubbly excitement when he's winning.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we hear that Seb won't be returning to the race team in 2020. they have never been a team capable or of a mind to having a 'let them race' philosophy, and clearly both Seb and Charles are too immature to be trusted not to take each other out on the track. Seb has had his chances, and while not all of the blame can be laid at his feet by any means, he hasn't worked out, and it would make more sense for them to cut their losses and throw their weight behind charles. at least until he is either mismanaged out of the team or thrown under the bus in favour of the next bright young thing they see as the answer to all their problems, instead of the top down overhaul the entire team (and **definitely** the driver management and strategy bods) so badly needs, as 40C says.

as for Lewis - as people have said, why would he want to move, unless he is **certain** they can provide him not just with the car, but with the depth of technical support and pit wall expertise? there would also be the friction from Charles as the new anointed one at maranello (which the ferrari managment would **definitely** not be able to handle, going on their performance recently) and there would also be the perception that ferrari need LH to win. when the philosophy historically at the prancing donkeys is that drivers should be grateful for the chanceto drive their cars. never the other way round. so if he did go and they started seriously and consistently winning, he would get all the credit and not ferrari. and that would never do for the holy scarlet go-karts now would it??

PFGEN

GCM
There are all sorts of rumours here about Verstappen transferring to Ferrari and that the donkeys have been knocking on his door. I suspect that 95% or more of the tales are just journalistic codswallop but it does sound like Verstappen senior has trying hard to get Ferrari's attention. I don't see it improving anything at Ferrari and if it did happen the implosion would be fun watching.

There are all sorts of rumours here about Verstappen transferring to Ferrari and that the donkeys have been knocking on his door. I suspect that 95% or more of the tales are just journalistic codswallop but it does sound like Verstappen senior has trying hard to get Ferrari's attention. I don't see it improving anything at Ferrari and if it did happen the implosion would be fun watching.

He has the right temperament for them.

TBH I think 2020 will be more of the same. Mercedes / Hamilton have had the measure of the opposition all year, scoring big points at every opportunity. I don’t see any of the chasers putting together a consistent title run.

RB can only match Merc on tracks that suit them. Ferrari can only match Merc by adding illegal extra donkeys. On tracks that don’t suit the Merc, Lewis still bangs in a podium. On tracks that don’t suit RB, they fall behind Ferrari and vice versa. Add in the fact that the Ferrari drivers will take points off each other and it doesn’t add up to much likelihood of a change at the top.

As others have said, Ferrari have no chance of a title until they sort out their pit wall. I also think RB are stagnant and need some key personnel changes to break through their glass ceiling.

I’ve said it before on here; I don’t think Mercedes winning streak will be broken by Ferrari or Red Bull. The next driver to win a title in anything but a Merc will be driving a McLaren-Merc. IMHO Seidl is second only to Toto Wolff as a team principal. He will build a winning team.

Lewis isn't daft. He could see that McLaren were heading into a dead end with the engine and everything else so he jumped to Merc who were providing the engine. If Ferrari look like the team to be with in 2021 with the new car specs he is more than pragmatic enough to go for that.

Lewis isn't daft. He could see that McLaren were heading into a dead end with the engine and everything else so he jumped to Merc who were providing the engine. If Ferrari look like the team to be with in 2021 with the new car specs he is more than pragmatic enough to go for that.
Lewis jumped to Merc because they were putting together a team of A listers. Ross Brawn, Niki Lauda, Toto Wolff, Aldo Costa etc etc. Brawn wanted to build a super team around Hamilton, much like he did at Ferrari around Schumacher.

I can’t see him moving to Ferrari unless they have the same ambition. If they carry on appointing team insiders to key positions, he won’t go.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Lewis jumped to Merc because they were putting together a team of A listers. Ross Brawn, Niki Lauda, Toto Wolff, Aldo Costa etc etc. Brawn wanted to build a super team around Hamilton, much like he did at Ferrari around Schumacher.

I can’t see him moving to Ferrari unless they have the same ambition. If they carry on appointing team insiders to key positions, he won’t go.

that's something a lot of people don't realise about the Schumacher years at ferrari - ross brawn had **everything** geared and dedicated towards MS - all the departments pulled in one direction - if irvine or reubens scored points then fine, but their first job was to throw themselves under the bus if needs be for MS to get the win. and true to form, when MS retired and brawn and todt moved on, they fell right back into the usual infighting and empire building.

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
Hamilton 1st.

Vettel to lose the plot & get a driving ban with the possibility of being unemployed in 2021
Leclerc to strengthen his position now with a 5 year contract.

Williams F1 to get on the podium.

OK the last one is just to see the lovely Claire Williams drenched in bubbly.

P.O.N.T.I

War Hero
Hamilton 1st.

Vettel to lose the plot & get a driving ban with the possibility of being unemployed in 2021
Leclerc to strengthen his position now with a 5 year contract.

Williams F1 to get on the podium.

OK the last one is just to see the lovely Claire Williams drenched in bubbly.

.....more....more............nearly there..............

Latest Threads