Formula 1 - 2019 season

If the Tifosi manage to tempt him past the friendly chat stage, they know full well that nothing will happen until 2021 at the earliest: plus, Ferrari need to up their game throughout the marque-Lewis is not going to hop into a car that is not a valid F1 WC contender.
The only way he'd get into a underperforming ferrari is if the race team are revamped. Too many poor decisions at the weekend.

. . . and there is no way LH would consider plonking the current F1 WC arse into an under-performing anything!
I can see him embracing the challenge of the CAR under-performing if there was a clear path to change it, the Ferrari IS capable of winning in the right hands, LeClerc proved that, but Ferrari f*cked the championship up with team mistakes and a woefully underperforming ex WC.

but in the current climate he won't go to Ferrari.

He’s probably keeping his options open because of the major regulation changes in 2021, if the Mercedes is a dog in testing he’ll go to the best car, that could be Ferrari, Red Bull or evening back to McLaren.

Toto Wolff‘s position is also a big influence, rumour was he was going to head up F1 although that seems less likely now.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
Does Lewis feel loyalty to his crew and Toto or to the Mercedes company? Does loyalty even exist within Formula One? Ron Dennis called it the Piranha Club for good reason.
With Niki gone and Toto possibly moving elsewhere, and if he could take Bono and some of his crew with him, Lewis could join Ferrari without any personal sense of betrayal.
I have no doubt that he would win the championship in a Ferrari.

Does Lewis feel loyalty to his crew and Toto or to the Mercedes company? Does loyalty even exist within Formula One? Ron Dennis called it the Piranha Club for good reason.
With Niki gone and Toto possibly moving elsewhere, and if he could take Bono and some of his crew with him, Lewis could join Ferrari without any personal sense of betrayal.
I have no doubt that he would win the championship in a Ferrari.
Equally, is Mercedes loyal to Lewis and F1. The parent company is marking lots of redundancies and the German economy is looking a tad ropey. Wolff has said that keeping Merc in F1 is about getting their costs down. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Mercedes walk away from F1.

IMHO Hamilton in a Ferrari would be an immediate winner. The car is close enough on pace, if not quicker. The pit wall only needs a bit of British steel to end the shenanigans. And Hamilton would own Leclerc.

Eddie Jordan’s spin on the Hamilton to Ferrari things is that Toto Wolff will be going with him. Now that would be a repeat of Schumacher and Brawn.

Bring it on!

Might this be better discussed in the 2020 thread?

Eddie Jordan’s spin on the Hamilton to Ferrari things is that Toto Wolff will be going with him. Now that would be a repeat of Schumacher and Brawn.

Bring it on!
I wonder what the Tifosi would make of that, would they even care once they started winning?

Serpico

War Hero
David Coulthard has long hinted at Hamilton driving for Ferrari, think he knows Lewis' ambition to drive for the Scuderia at some point. Was 40% convinced this time last year, 75%+ now, thinking it could be an absolute stick on for 2021 tbh

I wonder what the Tifosi would make of that, would they even care once they started winning?
I’d reckon they’d really get abusive of the didn’t win. Not that that would happen; Hamilton / Wolff and a big slug of their Merc crew would soon have the donkey prancing.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
They didn't seem to mind when Vettel was hired after beating Alonso to the title three years in a row. All they want are winners and Hamilton, Toto and anyone they bring with them will be a heroes to the Italians when they win the championships.

PFGEN

GCM
Crashie was in the press this morning. The Dutch motoring press had been going on about how he would soon be racing for the ponies and that his dad pretty much had the contract done and dusted. This morning Ferrari announced that he could go and do one!

They were not enamoured by the comments and sneers from him after the race in Austin when it was suspected that during the summer stop Ferrari had been mucking about with the fuel system. Camilleri (head of the Ferrari board) said "Why should we listen to a 22 year old?". Binotto refused to comment other than to say he wasn't chuffed with Verstappen's comments and he wouldn't be seeing him in a Ferrari any time soon.

The kid needs to stop bumping his gums and just get on with driving otherwise he's going to see a reducing number of future options. Verstappen's answer to all this was that he wasn't planning to leave Red Bull, as long as they had a winning car. Which to me doesn't say much for loyalty to a team and helping build it into a winning unit.

Crashie was in the press this morning. The Dutch motoring press had been going on about how he would soon be racing for the ponies and that his dad pretty much had the contract done and dusted. This morning Ferrari announced that he could go and do one!

They were not enamoured by the comments and sneers from him after the race in Austin when it was suspected that during the summer stop Ferrari had been mucking about with the fuel system. Camilleri (head of the Ferrari board) said "Why should we listen to a 22 year old?". Binotto refused to comment other than to say he wasn't chuffed with Verstappen's comments and he wouldn't be seeing him in a Ferrari any time soon.

The kid needs to stop bumping his gums and just get on with driving otherwise he's going to see a reducing number of future options. Verstappen's answer to all this was that he wasn't planning to leave Red Bull, as long as they had a winning car. Which to me doesn't say much for loyalty to a team and helping build it into a winning unit.
. . . and (I suspect) he can go and whistle in the dark for a seat in The Big Silver Car.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
FA to do with motor racing except the name.

Now I know old Bernie is a rich miserable bastard but he sure does spoil his daughter. What a pity she didn’t fit something more substantial than a Yale latch.

Surely that must be a printing error £50 million, now I’m a dedicated right wing capitalist supporting chap but who on earth and why would you keep £50million worth of jewellery in your house?
ive got more sympathy for poor Mrs Jones who had her last tenner and her telly nicked.

Latest Threads