Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formula 1 - 2019 season

1 - Vettel apparently is a really nice guy out of the car, personable, friendly and very accommodating to requests. Inside the car, he's a bellend prone to road rage and very fragile.
2 - Hamilton's penalty seemed harsh to me, especially the 2 points on his licence for a move that Albon got away with earlier in the season. I suspect this was a "we better show we are not playing favourites" moment.
3 - I am very pleased with the McLaren 3rd place though.
4 - Still giggling over the Ferrari blunder. Feel sorry for LeClerc, but to me, it seems that they've lost a lot of pace since the technical directive came out, almost as though they were doing something dodgy and got caught out.
5 - Verstappen was awesome today, but starting to come across as a prick at times. I wonder if it's the Red Bull Ego Machine fuelling him up.
6 - How Kvyat is still driving for Toro Rosso i don't know. He's been roundly spanked by both Albon and Gasly and It must only be the sponsorship package keeping him going.

If Ricciardo/Magnusson was a racing incident, I don't see that Lewis/Albon was worse, maybe they just took the opportunity he gave them by 'owning up' to look as if they're doing their job

If Ricciardo/Magnusson was a racing incident, I don't see that Lewis/Albon was worse, maybe they just took the opportunity he gave them by 'owning up' to look as if they're doing their job

I think so, Albon opened the door then shut it a bit late, but it's telling that Hamilton held his hand up and took the blame, while Vettel punted his team-mate out of the race (again) and blamed Leclerc for not giving him enough space.

I think so, Albon opened the door then shut it a bit late, but it's telling that Hamilton held his hand up and took the blame, while Vettel punted his team-mate out of the race (again) and blamed Leclerc for not giving him enough space.

My error, just heard on the highlights that Ricc got a 5 sec penalty, the rest of the comment stands :)

Vettel really needs to start taking responsibility for things that are his fault. This disingenuous 'someone else did it and ran away' routine is getting very old

I thought Riccardo get a 5 second penality for that. I've not seen the race as yet but listened to the radio coverage.

Ignore that, just seen your other post.

My error, just heard on the highlights that Ricc got a 5 sec penalty, the rest of the comment stands :)

Vettel really needs to start taking responsibility for things that are his fault. This disingenuous 'someone else did it and ran away' routine is getting very old

Read my previous on Vettel. If the car is set JUST right for him, he can be very fast and smooth, but if the car isn't to his liking, he struggles. He's also very prone to cracking under pressure and usually if he's got someone (Leclerc, Lewis, Max, Webber, Ricciardo etc.) hunting him down, he'll make a very big error, then whine about it. Canada was the biggest example we've seen for a while. Most drivers would have sworn about the penalty, then gone about mitigating it and driving their arse off, Vettel chose to whine about it for a long time, then throw his toys out of the pram at the end.

He should have been given a 20 second penalty and 6 points on his licence for that tantrum

Read my previous on Vettel. If the car is set JUST right for him, he can be very fast and smooth, but if the car isn't to his liking, he struggles. He's also very prone to cracking under pressure and usually if he's got someone (Leclerc, Lewis, Max, Webber, Ricciardo etc.) hunting him down, he'll make a very big error, then whine about it. Canada was the biggest example we've seen for a while. Most drivers would have sworn about the penalty, then gone about mitigating it and driving their arse off, Vettel chose to whine about it for a long time, then throw his toys out of the pram at the end.

He should have been given a 20 second penalty and 6 points on his licence for that tantrum

I remember him aiming straight at Lewis a few years ago, then accusing him of brake testing him. He should have had a race ban by now for some of his more dangerous stunts, if he'd been driving for another team in the last few years he probably would have done.

I'm all for letting them race through silly minor incidents, but they need to clamp down on the dangerous stuff before there's a nasty accident

Last edited:

Carbon 6

War Hero
We're Lewis fans here, but both my son and I were roaring at Gasley to keep ahead to the line. We also would've loved to see Sainz on the podium. Those last few laps were very exciting.

I'd actually forgotten it was on, I'm looking forward to the C4 highlights, excellent preview, thank you all:D
You won't be disappointed . . . but shouldn't have read this far ;) !!

PFGEN

GCM
1 - Vettel apparently is a really nice guy out of the car, personable, friendly and very accommodating to requests. Inside the car, he's a bellend prone to road rage and very fragile.
2 - Hamilton's penalty seemed harsh to me, especially the 2 points on his licence for a move that Albon got away with earlier in the season. I suspect this was a "we better show we are not playing favourites" moment.
3 - I am very pleased with the McLaren 3rd place though.
4 - Still giggling over the Ferrari blunder. Feel sorry for LeClerc, but to me, it seems that they've lost a lot of pace since the technical directive came out, almost as though they were doing something dodgy and got caught out.
5 - Verstappen was awesome today, but starting to come across as a prick at times. I wonder if it's the Red Bull Ego Machine fuelling him up.
6 - How Kvyat is still driving for Toro Rosso i don't know. He's been roundly spanked by both Albon and Gasly and It must only be the sponsorship package keeping him going.

2 points on Lewis' license seems a bit tough and over the top. 5 secs I could agree with as Lewis held up his hand, mea culpa.

Crashie has his ego boosted by some dodgy parenting/management and the stream of effluent in the Dutch national press as well as some F1 fan racing sites. Wibbling runs along the lines of "Max walks on water", "Verstappen solves Middle East peace problem" and "Greta wants to have Max's babies" etc etc, you get the gist of it. Adding to the hype is a potential return to Zandvoort for F1 which isn't entirely certain yet.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

'The Ferrari engine controversy is refusing to die down with the FIA reportedly seizing “parts of the fuel system” from the SF90 as well as a customer. '

Hopefully a championship ban and $100m fine minimum if found guilty.

I'll just leave this here . . .

'Sebastian Vettel crashed his Ferrari late in first practice at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The German, who flew into Abu Dhabi late following the birth of his third child, spun at Turn 19 and hit the wall.

It damaged his wheel and suspension but Ferrari should repair the car's left-rear corner for the second session. . . .'

I'll just leave this here . . .

'Sebastian Vettel crashed his Ferrari late in first practice at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The German, who flew into Abu Dhabi late following the birth of his third child, spun at Turn 19 and hit the wall.

It damaged his wheel and suspension but Ferrari should repair the car's left-rear corner for the second session. . . .'
How long has his contract left to run?! ;) .

How long has his contract left to run?! ;) .
I did a quick google.

BBC SPORT reported on 26 August 2017, that he had just signed a THREE contract, to the end of next year 2020.

Are the Bookies taking gets on his future, after that ?!

Might be worth a punt on Vettel retiring before next season. I think Ferrari will make CLC their No1 driver.

BulbHead

Swinger
Wouldn't be surprised to see Hulkenberg get a Ferrari reserve role for next year so he's in prime position to jump in as a No2 to Leclerc for '21