Formula 1 - 2019 season

That's a proper kick in the bollocks for Kvyat as well. I'm sure he was eyeing this up as a second chance at the top seat and he's just been told "fck off"

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Marko is continuing the Formula One cut-throat tradition. It's called the Piranha Club for good reason.
Well, maybe some of his hires would have made it given time, maybe not. But he's very trigger happy when it comes to firing drivers. To the point where they have to rehire them when they run out.

I’m not convinced by Albon. Dropped from the Red Bull junior program and hired late by Toro Rosso after Ricciardo walked and there was no one left in the queue. His path to F1 was allegedly partially funded by his mother’s less than honest earnings. The Thai flag thing is bollocks too; he was born, grew up and learned his racing In the UK

Add to that, he was roundly stuffed by George Russell and Lando Norris in F2 and by Leclerc in GP3 and a whole heap of drivers in F3. He’s just not that good.

I don’t think he’ll be any better than Gasly. If RBR want a podium finisher, Kvyatt is their man. If they don’t think he’s good enough, wtf is he doing in the Toro?

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
I don’t think he’ll be any better than Gasly. If RBR want a podium finisher, Kvyatt is their man. If they don’t think he’s good enough, wtf is he doing in the Toro?
To reinstate Kvyat in the RBR team would give the impression that the heartless b***** Marko was wrong to get rid of him. I can't see that happening.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
So why reinstate him at Toro Rosso? I just don’t get their young driver program.
Me neither, but RBR and Toro Rosso both have a history of dumping drivers mid-season, going back to Scott Speed in 2007. Franz Tost was even accused of assaulting Scott Speed after an on-track incident.

Me neither, but RBR and Toro Rosso both have a history of dumping drivers mid-season, going back to Scott Speed in 2007. Franz Tost was even accused of assaulting Scott Speed after an on-track incident.
A comment of the PlanetF1 thread on Albon caught my eye. It noted that only Vettel, Webber, Spain’s and Ricciardo have survived Red Bull and left on their own terms. I’d add Coulthard. All the rest have been sacked. Of those five, only three have gone on to drive for other F1 teams.

IMHO they’ve wasted an awful lot of talent. They’ve also hired some complete dross. For all their massive investment in the junior formulae, they haven’t got much value.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
So why reinstate him at Toro Rosso? I just don’t get their young driver program.
maybe Marko is a bit of a belter who doesn't really know what he's doing and hasn't got any real management skills? I haven't heard of any similar seemingly cavalier hiring and firing going on with anyone elses young driver program.

They want someone better than Gasly but not good enough to be ahead of Verstappen. Ricciardo was faster than Verstappen on many races and Kvyat finished ahead of Ricciardo one year. Thus Kvyat could compete with Verstappen

They want someone better than Gasly but not good enough to be ahead of Verstappen. Ricciardo was faster than Verstappen on many races and Kvyat finished ahead of Ricciardo one year. Thus Kvyat could compete with Verstappen
Utter bollocks.

Latest Threads