Formula 1 - 2019 season

Statistics

Old-Salt
Cracking race. Right roll of dice, but you've got to have the talent to nail it on the track. Awesome drive from Hamilton. Get in!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hamilton on team radio:”Sorry I doubted the strategy, that was a tall order but grateful we did it. Whoohooo, oh man that feels so good!” Nice one lad.

PFGEN

GCM
Hamilton on team radio:”Sorry I doubted the strategy, that was a tall order but grateful we did it. Whoohooo, oh man that feels so good!” Nice one lad.
There was a moment when the camera cut to Wolff and you could see that he was wondering if they'd made the right decision. Masterclass.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Ferrari: 3rd at Hungary.

At almost a minute diffy from 1st and 2nd.

If proof were needed, it was definitely The Emperor's New Clothes moment for the tifosi. Comparatively, they are crap.

The cars are crap. Their lead driver is crap. Their team tactics are crap, as is team management.

They have 4 weeks to salvage something from this season.

It does make me wonder WTF was going on with some of their other previous decisions. I mean, twenty laps, twenty seconds behind and MV's tyres are heading for the cliff - that's a calculated risk. Where was that genius at Hockenheim?

PFGEN

GCM
It does make me wonder WTF was going on with some of their other previous decisions. I mean, twenty laps, twenty seconds behind and MV's tyres are heading for the cliff - that's a calculated risk. Where was that genius at Hockenheim?
Still recovering from the Merc party. Toto Wolff was in the news this morning remarking that Hockenheim was not a good day out and the team should have been more focussed on the race than painting cars and issuing period clothing for the Mercedes celebrations. A case of our job is winning races not fannying around wasting time because some twunt in marketing had a few ideas for soshul media.

Still recovering from the Merc party. Toto Wolff was in the news this morning remarking that Hockenheim was not a good day out and the team should have been more focussed on the race than painting cars and issuing period clothing for the Mercedes celebrations. A case of our job is winning races not fannying around wasting time because some twunt in marketing had a few ideas for soshul media.
Also at Hockenheim, Mr Ola Källenius - only a couple of months into the job as CEO of Daimler AG - was in attendance.

He was sat just behind the left shoulder of Toto Wolff, during most of the race, well whenever Toto was shown on the screen.

Should anyone be interested, or have access to recordings, he is the tall, young(ish), bespectacled, blonde haired Swede (obviously), with the impassive expression . . . trying to work out why he is not at home with the family; and, why is Dailmler AG associated with all of this?! :( .

Last edited:

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
I watched the post-race interviews and was impressed by Verstappen's acceptance of the race result. He seemed very mature and even humble. If I didn't know of his history, I would've said he was a likeable chap. He is only 21, perhaps he has grown up a bit.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
He is only 21, perhaps he has grown up a bit.
I don't think so when considering the way he was going on last week.
There is a rumour now that they let him go first so he can't smash into anyone but last time they got it wrong and he won.

Statistics

Old-Salt

That b****** Marko does it again. I was sure it would be Kvyat, but the decision does make sense from Red Bull's point of view. If Albon lives up to expectations, he'll have the seat next year,.
That has to be way too soon for Albon?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
If you're good enough you're old enough, imho.
Marko has a habit of hiring drivers too soon then chopping them before they can really perform. Part of the reason they got into the position they did where they had no drivers readily available a while back. Unless I was **very** sure of myself I'd be wary indeed of a drive with them. His management skills seem to be a little variable to say the least.

Latest Threads