Formula 1 - 2019 season

Interesting talk just now re Le Mans. Five manufacturers in a working group on hydrogen cars, with a view to Hydrogen racing in LeMans cars 2024. Hydrogen engine powers a generator which drives motors. Chris (?) says a car he tested managed 400 miles which is much more range than electric cars. Another bloke said there was an explosion at a Norwegian hydrogen station last week. Found some news about that:

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/06/12/norway-hydrogen-station-explodes-toyota-hyundai-halt-sales/

Hydrogen blast probe ‘may take months’

Last edited:
Le Mans Mercedes aimed high, their car aimed even higher

Would an ex Moto GP rider/driver have handled the "wheelie" better?

My <17 MotoX experience helped immensely in on-road car/bike difficult conditions. eg no-crash: hitting "launch bump" at ~140mph and ZZR wheelieing; ~120mph wheelspin in wet on ZX10; many slides on KE175, GPz550 & 900R on snowy/icy roads; ~70mph snow aquaplane overtaking on M9 in car....

:p

Le Mans Mercedes aimed high, their car aimed even higher

Would an ex Moto GP rider/driver have handled the "wheelie" better?

My <17 MotoX experience helped immensely in on-road car/bike difficult conditions. eg no-crash: hitting "launch bump" at ~140mph and ZZR wheelieing; ~120mph wheelspin in wet on ZX10; many slides on KE175, GPz550 & 900R on snowy/icy roads; ~70mph snow aquaplane overtaking on M9 in car....

:p
Why are you posting about Le Mans on a F1 thread?

Why are you posting about Le Mans on a F1 thread?
In reply to others who posted about Le Mans, Alonso etc and an FYI

Le Mans vs F1: Size - @4m 34s strange how perception/eyes may deceive

FYI

Channel 4 Highlights this weekend:
Saturday - Qual 1830
Sunday - Race 1900

They used that annoyance Chandok's video as evidence. Even more reason to skip past every time he appears.
Initially I felt he was interesting, quite different and so on....but each race since he's got worse, he loves the sound of his own voice, backed up by a less than stellar F1 driving career....seems to me Sky tried to "off" Ted Kravitz, replace him with Karun, but lot of people gave Sky abuse so now they slot in Ted when they can.

Initially I felt he was interesting, quite different and so on....but each race since he's got worse, he loves the sound of his own voice, backed up by a less than stellar F1 driving career....seems to me Sky tried to "off" Ted Kravitz, replace him with Karun, but lot of people gave Sky abuse so now they slot in Ted when they can.
It's the sound of his voice that I find so annoying. I'm expecting him to ask if anyone wants their ducts cleaned or their Microsoft computer 'problem' fixed.

1st Point - Whilst I think the penalty was a bit harsh, if Vettel had say "**** it" gotten on with the race and driven his socks off, he might have pulled out the gap. He didn't. He whined and whined for the next 20 laps, then threw a petulant strop in Parc Ferme, stormed off, then was dragged back (probably under penalty of further penalties), threw another strop about the numbers which would have been better IF HIS CAR WAS THERE, then was generally a miserable git.
2nd Point - Ferrari was onto a no-hoper with this one and just went through the motions to appease their fans/baby-driver. The "new" evidence was laughable.
3rd Point - Ferrari fans have terribly short memories about the Ferrari International Assistance years. Now that they've lost that edge, and Mercedes showed up with a very squeaky clean image (I said image, they have resorted to some "not in the spirit of the rulebook" trickery) they're whinging more instead of realising the problems are with the car, the drivers and the team management.
4th Point - Hamiltons "off" today was managed completely differently (Slow, cautious re-entry and pull away, and Max just got caught out on the marbles/dirty stuff. However, Ferrari Fans are claiming this is EXACTLY THE SAME and it's mercedes international assistance and berating Sky Sports F1 for favouritism. Well...SSF1 is a British based broadcaster and not actually Formula 1 (the sport owners) so they CAN be biased if they want.

All in all, I hope this is the end of it, but I suspect we'll have a season of "What abouts" from Ferrari as they realise that they took a development detour and scramble to recover. The problem is, their top driver is somone who, out of the cockpit, can be funny and charming, but in the cockpit has a tendency to crack under pressure and have temper tantrums. This would have been manageable in the old days with virtually no radio broadcasts on TV, but this day and age, I'm surprised sponsors haven't expressed concerns over his fitness to be top driver.
Hopefully LeClerc can keep the pressure on and wind the the kraut nutter up even more.

They used that annoyance Chandok's video as evidence. Even more reason to skip past every time he appears.
Gosh, properly bored of all the Vettel penalty chat now, Sky doing it to death at every opportunity.....!
Sky's blatant pro Ferrari bias suggests there is a financial arrangement in place. Do Sky air a lot of Alfa, Fiat, Lancia ads in Italy, UK etc?

. . . and it's all not going very well for the Disabled Donkey: with 5 minutes to go, SV can't set a time yet as the car has no upshift.

And, funny old thing, LH and VB are currently sat 1 and 2 *very wide shit-eating grin*

I must admit to having a little cheer and smile at Vettel cracking under pressure again in qualy.

I suspect that the rumours of retirement will only get stronger.

I've said it before but I'll say it again:

1. Why, for the love of God, are Williams still racing?

2. And why have they given a seat to a one-armed Pole who consistently starts at last place on the grid?