Formula 1 - 2019 season

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
that highly successful F1 driver? Wow. i can't wait to read it.
at a guess he's got more laps in an f1 car than you. ;)

also, chief steward for this race was emmanuel pirro - he's won at Le Mans five times, among others. so he's fairly qualified to render a judgement I would say.

at a guess he's got more laps in an f1 car than you. ;)

also, chief steward for this race was emmanuel pirro - he's won at Le Mans five times, among others. so he's fairly qualified to render a judgement I would say.
According to the Sporting Regulations all stewards have to have an FIA Superlicence. One has to be an experienced driver. I presume there is a qualification system for stewards that gains them points for officiating at junior events until they are qualified for F1.

So the stewards are all experienced race officials who know what they are doing.

BTW I like Palmer’s writings; he is intelligent, steeped in motor sport culture and a recent Grand Prix driver. He’s also a former GP2 Champion and he kept Magnussen pretty honest in his first season at Renault. I’m inclined to think Cyril Abitofatool destroyed his confidence in Year 2. Whatever, a good article.

Ritch

LE
that highly successful F1 driver? Wow. i can't wait to read it.
I personally can't stand the guy. He harps on about this and that - he's like Brundle - thinks he's God's gift. As @maguire points out, he's got more laps in a F1 car that us but it doesn't stop him being an arrogant twit.

First you say they cant appeal .. But they are.

I posted that you can appeal any penalty awarded for a perceived breach of the rules. You simply repeated that you cannot appeal a five second penalty TWICE when you have completely missed the point, its not about the punishment but about appealing the offence for which it was awarded. As for the claim that the FIA hearing an appeal is assisting Ferrari ?? .. How on earth is that "assisting" a team when ANY team can bring ANY issue to the FIA at ANY time for clarification. The appeal may well be symbolic, that's happened many times before, but it doesn't mean Ferrari cannot appeal.

I think from reading some of your previous posts you lack objectivity when it comes to your favourite driver. I made a point that seems to have gone right over your head so I'll leave it here.

Enjoy the Season.
Cheers, @Skylog.

I fully admit that Palmer would make a better F1 pundit than I would, having never squeezed my fat arrse into a single seater. however, out of all the ex-drivers they could pick, they picked one that didn't set the F1 world alight, or spend a long time competing. There are a lot of other drivers they could have picked (Webber, Button etc)

Ritch

LE
I fully admit that Palmer would make a better F1 pundit than I would, having never squeezed my fat arrse into a single seater. however, out of all the ex-drivers they could pick, they picked one that didn't set the F1 world alight, or spend a long time competing. There are a lot of other drivers they could have picked (Webber, Button etc)
I like Webber as a commentator.
I can't stand Johnny Herbert. He's just like Brundle, an arrogant twat.

Ferrari 'simply forgot' to tell Leclerc of Vettel penalty

What a load of crap! Leclerc should leave that disaster of a team before they destroy him.
Bollocks, that was "protect Seb's fragile ego at all costs"

Vettel has a history of stabbing teammates in the rear, Webber, Ricciardo, Raikkonnen etc. The thing is, Leclerc "might" be the future of Ferrari, or they might be waiting for Mick "The Second Coming of" Schumacher to dump Seb and run Leclerc and MSII

I like Webber as a commentator.
I can't stand Johnny Herbert. He's just like Brundle, an arrogant twat.
Brundle is pretty good and has a lot of experience, his grid walks are usually entertaining enough.
Herbert is more self-deprecating and humourous and still a little racey in the wacky races he does for Sky
Hill can come off a bit dry and boring at times.
Di Resta bores the tits off me, another that crashed and burned.

but the worst of the bunch is Rosberg. Phuck me that guy makes me turn over every time. He's more of a fashion model than anything else and bores me to tears.

I think the idea of chopping and changing was a good one, Button I like though, Davidson isn't bad and Kravitz's notebooks are usually of interest, even though his sense of humour is a bit schoolboy.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
Brundle is pretty good and has a lot of experience, his grid walks are usually entertaining enough.
Herbert is more self-deprecating and humourous and still a little racey in the wacky races he does for Sky

but the worst of the bunch is Rosberg. Phuck me that guy makes me turn over every time. He's more of a fashion model than anything else and bores me to tears.

I think the idea of chopping and changing was a good one, Button I like though, Davidson isn't bad and Kravitz's notebooks are usually of interest, even though his sense of humour is a bit schoolboy.
Jenson and Ted Kravitz are good. I like Johnny Herbert too, but Chandhok is the one who really annoys me. We record all the F1 races with PVR to skip advertising and every time he appears, it's three dabs on the FF button and he's gone.

I miss Hunt & Walker doing the commentary. Walker had so much passion for motor racing and his murrayisms were classic.

Hunt wasn't afraid to let rip on drivers that weren't up to scratch and I wish we had a co-commentator who would do that now. It's all "they're the best in the world" Most are very good, but some are out of their depth.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
I miss Hunt & Walker doing the commentary. Walker had so much passion for motor racing and his murrayisms were classic.

Hunt wasn't afraid to let rip on drivers that weren't up to scratch and I wish we had a co-commentator who would do that now. It's all "they're the best in the world" Most are very good, but some are out of their depth.
Murray's autobiography is quite interesting. I didn't know he was a Tankie before reading.

Ritch

LE

What got me about Brundle is that he actually got Sky to ban Channel 4 from doing grid walks this year as all the drivers didn't mind talking to Coulthard and Webber and kept telling him no.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I have just seen the incident on youtube.
Just what do the stewards think Vettel could have done to rejoin the track in a safe manner? He is basically out of control of the car from when he misses the corner till about .5 of a second once his tyres regain grip on the tarmac.

He didn't gain a position by cutting the corner and didn't really endanger Hamilton who as an experienced driver was aware that an incident was unfolding in front of him and should be taking action to avoid getting hit as opposed to driving into the incident in order to gain a position.

Vettels actions post race still mark him out to be a complete twat though.

Apparently, the stewards have access to camera angles we don’t and they see that Vettel had straightened his steering wheel, indicating that he had regained control, then made a second, deliberate move to block LH. A unanimous decision to penalise Vettel was made by the stewards due to this second movement.

Second steering wheel movement key to Vettel penalty

PFGEN

GCM

My mum, member the church women's guild, driver of nothing larger than a mini and whose hobbies were the likes of gardening, knitting and cooking never missed an F1 race when Hunt and Walker were doing the commentary. I guess everybody has a secret vice. She knew all the teams, the cars and what was happening in the championship.

Latest Threads