Formula 1 - 2019 season

I think BBC's Andrew Benson nailed it with this line, 'The bottom line was that Vettel would not have been in the situation he was had he not made yet another error under the pressure of battle.'

He knew where Lewis was likely to be but he didn't care.

Tattie

Clanker
Hence my original comment to @Tattie . If the FIA hear the appeal, they will be assisting Ferrari.
There have been dubious 5 second penalties in many races; no-one else has tried to appeal. A dubious 5 second penalty is like a dubious penalty calls in soccer and rugby. It can’t be reversed after the event.

Autosport are describing the Ferrari appeal as symbolic.
First you say they cant appeal .. But they are.

I posted that you can appeal any penalty awarded for a perceived breach of the rules. You simply repeated that you cannot appeal a five second penalty TWICE when you have completely missed the point, its not about the punishment but about appealing the offence for which it was awarded. As for the claim that the FIA hearing an appeal is assisting Ferrari ?? .. How on earth is that "assisting" a team when ANY team can bring ANY issue to the FIA at ANY time for clarification. The appeal may well be symbolic, that's happened many times before, but it doesn't mean Ferrari cannot appeal.

I think from reading some of your previous posts you lack objectivity when it comes to your favourite driver. I made a point that seems to have gone right over your head so I'll leave it here.

Enjoy the Season.

Ritch

LE

I posted that you can appeal any penalty awarded for a perceived breach of the rules. You simply repeated that you cannot appeal a five second penalty TWICE when you have completely missed the point, its not about the punishment but about appealing the offence for which it was awarded. As for the claim that the FIA hearing an appeal is assisting Ferrari ?? .. How on earth is that "assisting" a team when ANY team can bring ANY issue to the FIA at ANY time for clarification. The appeal may well be symbolic, that's happened many times before, but it doesn't mean Ferrari cannot appeal.

I think from reading some of your previous posts you lack objectivity when it comes to your favourite driver. I made a point that seems to have gone right over your head so I'll leave it here.

Enjoy the Season.
angry-elf.jpg

And if Ferrari had reacted sensibly, Vettel would have relinquished the place. He could then have attacked Hamilton.
Personally I doubt Vettel would have relinquished the place, even if there was such an order from the team.

Ritch

LE
Not angry at all. Just pointing out that your man there is getting the wrong end of the stick.

But hey, well played you for posting a picture of a smiling Elf to make out someone is an angry one.

You dull cnut.
You really are an uptight little lad aren't you?

Whatever it is, he/she/it needs to chill out.
And - at least - get to know the lie-of-the-land, before picking fights with others who - MAY BE - are more experienced/better qualified/have a sense of humour ;) .

Ritch

LE
And - at least - get to know the lie-of-the-land, before picking fights with others who - MAY BE - are more experienced/better qualified/have a sense of humour ;) .
He called me a "cnut" you know?!

I've never been more offended in my life!

The cunt.

Enjoy the Season.
With all due respect, you are talking bollocks. I suggest you read the Sporting Code 2019. https://www.fia.com/file/78014/download/26183

Rule 17.2 a states that there is no right of appeal for penalties awarded under Section 38.3a. Section 39’3a covers 5 second penalties.

IIRC there used to be a right of appeal if teams could present fresh evidence not available at the time the Stewards made their decision. The appeal of was to the Stewards, with no right of appeal to the FIA International Tribunal. I can’t be Arrsed to go back through old regulations as they aren’t relevant.

So far, all that Ferrari have done is give notice of making an appeal. My bet is they won’t actually appeal. Shades of Mexico 2017 when Ferrari did the same.

If the FIA hear an appeal from Ferrari then they would not be following their own Sporting Code. Hence my use of the rather jaded Ferrari International Assistance tag. Not that there aren’t numerous examples of FIA favouritism to the prancing donkeys.

Reading in to it further, it appears that Ferrari are appealing to be able to appeal the penalty, the FIA court of Appeal will decide if the appeal can go ahead, which will be unlikely as FIA regulations regarding appeals state appeals can not be made on in race penalties. Ferrari know the appeal will be unsuccessful, but are submitting the appeal as a form of protest.

This should clarify things and stop some posters from being sulky and others from being narky, you bunch of Vettels.

If you don’t agree with my comments, you can always appeal.

Reading in to it further, it appears that Ferrari are appealing to be able to appeal the penalty, the FIA court of Appeal will decide if the appeal can go ahead, which will be unlikely as FIA regulations regarding appeals state appeals can not be made on in race penalties. Ferrari know the appeal will be unsuccessful, but are submitting the appeal as a form of protest.

This should clarify things and stop some posters from being sulky and others from being narky, you bunch of Vettels.

If you don’t agree with my comments, you can always appeal.
So Ferrari want different rules to everyone else?

On a point of gamlinian pedantry, wouldn’t their appeal be heard by the International Tribunal, not the International Tribunal? I thought the FIA court system was hierarchical.

On a point of gamlinian pedantry, wouldn’t their appeal be heard by the International Tribunal, not the International Tribunal? I thought the FIA court system was hierarchical.
Is that your submission for an appeal?

It will be heard when I can gather sufficient kangaroos.

Is that your submission for an appeal?

It will be heard when I can gather sufficient kangaroos.
Do the rules allow me to appeal. I’m not Italian....

In truth I just wanted to try out the word “gamlinian” especially now that F1 has a Thai interest for the first time since 1955.

As Christopher Plummer put it as Wellington in the film "On the battlefield his hat is worth 50,000 men, but he is not a Gentleman"
Or perhap a little bit of light poetry

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you, ........

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;..........

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;...........

Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

We've all effed up. You have, I have. We can't help it, it's part of the human condition. We shouldn't be judged by that, but rather how we deal with it.

Sometimes it has not been our fault, but we all know what a useless defence that is! Life not being fair is what basic training is supposed to cover from the minute we walk through the gates.

Personally, I'd prefer it if they just raced, like they used to when I was a kid. But back then, when your mate shot you with a bit of twig going 'errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' you laid down and died, but you got back up again when it was time for tea. I never realised that those fireballs I used to see on the races had real people in them until Niki Lauda. I thought it was just a bit of fun, like the explosions and the crap shooting on the A team.

Losing some championship points is the price you pay for not keeping your foot in like a knobber and killing your friends. It's what those rules are for. Imagine if he had wiped out Lewis and, heaven forbid, sent him to that great cool down room in the sky? How would he have felt then?

These Hans devices, Halos, self sealing tanks and stuff makes them think they are immortal.

News is in Seb, life is short, ugly and brutish. And your ego is not at the center of it, any more than yours or mine is. Boo effing hoo. I had 18 year old recruits that worked that one out before you. Suck it up big boy.

TamH70

MIA
He called me a "cnut" you know?!

I've never been more offended in my life!

The cunt.
Well, Cnut was a king, wasn't he? Him that got the bad rap for trying to turn back the tide when all he was doing was trying to prove the opposite.

Latest Threads