Formula 1 - 2019 season

And yet again, why is the one-armed Pole still in a F1 seat?
Money iirc the Venezuelan dodgems driver (Maldanaldo?) was via PDVSA paying £30m pa for seat in car.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
What a dull season.

Good that Lewis is in the fight for a 6th title, but the rule changes cannot come quickly enough and will hopefully make it more entertaining.

Meanwhile, race attendances are down and TV audiences are plummeting as the sport is sewn up as pay for view.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
What a dull season.

Good that Lewis is in the fight for a 6th title, but the rule changes cannot come quickly enough and will hopefully make it more entertaining.

Meanwhile, race attendances are down and TV audiences are plummeting as the sport is sewn up as pay for view.
No matter how carefully they pick the camera angles you can't help but notice swathes of empty grandstands at the races so far.

Bagl0ck

On ROPS
On ROPs
No matter how carefully they pick the camera angles you can't help but notice swathes of empty grandstands at the races so far.
Silverstone is a notable exception. But how long after Lewis hangs up his helmet that goes on, who knows?

Remember seeing that the attendance was something like 169,000 Don't know if this high or low for Barcelona. Can't remember where I saw the number so no guarantee that it's accurate.

Remember seeing that the attendance was something like 169,000 Don't know if this high or low for Barcelona. Can't remember where I saw the number so no guarantee that it's accurate.
"...over the race weekend". They may be counting the same heads three times.

Silverstone is a notable exception. But how long after Lewis hangs up his helmet that goes on, who knows?
In the 45 years since I went to my first Grand Prix there have been very few at which there hasn’t been a Brit to root for. That’s why Silverstone has always been rammed.

There’s a queue of young Brits on their way up. By the time Lewis retires we’ll have another GP winner. My bet is Lando Norris; he’s the real deal and the Maccas are on their way back.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Mattia Binotto gets Ferrari vote of confidence | PlanetF1

'Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri has given their Formula 1 team principal Mattia Binotto a vote of confidence despite their 2019 struggles.'

so that's Binotto out then. ;)

same for Kubica -

Nicholas Latifi denies he's set to replace Kubica | PlanetF1
Great. Another talentless son of a Canadian retail billionaire funded throughout his career by Daddy’s squillions. Maybe Daddy Latifi will buy Williams for his son.

Edited to add talentless!

Not looking too good for Alonso’s “McLaren” today. He’ll be fighting Max Chilton on bump day to even qualify. What’s his excuse this time “Indy Lights Engine”?

Seriously I can’t see why McLaren are indulging Fred’s ego. Why run a spec chassis under their banner, needing support from the likes of Carlin?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Not looking too good for Alonso’s “McLaren” today. He’ll be fighting Max Chilton on bump day to even qualify. What’s his excuse this time “Indy Lights Engine”?

Seriously I can’t see why McLaren are indulging Fred’s ego. Why run a spec chassis under their banner, needing support from the likes of Carlin?
he should be used to disappointment after all those years at maranello.

Excellent news. Now all we need is for his Toyota to fail at Le Mans. I really don’t like the way Toyota dumped Anthony Davidson to give Alonso a seat. Davidson was instrumental in developing the car and couldn’t have been more loyal.

And now Alonso’s bugging off with Le Mans and a WEC title done and no long term commitment contribution to the team or series.

My day has brightened up!