Formula 1 - 2019 season

Looking ahead to next year's Formula 1 season I've created this thread (nobody tell Skylog ffs!).

Let's try to keep it to chat about Formula 1, I know there are a number of usernames who will want to tell us how shit F1 is these days, please, if you want to do that just create another thread to discuss BTC/TwoWheelOrganDonors/CART/whatever.

Ritch

LE
It was nice to see LeClerc best Vettel's time in the Ferrari. I hope it wiped the smile off Finger Boy's face.

For 2019 I want to go watch the race in Austin, Tx. as it is only a couple of hours away and also take the lad with me.

D

Deleted 158059

How do folk think Norris and Russell will get on next season?

I don't think Bottas will complete the season, not too sure about Stroll, daddy may have bought the team, but that may be his undoing. Zak Brown should be unemployed by this time next year, either unemployed or MIA, last seen up Alonso's arrse.

Rob Smedley reckons Kubica has still got it.

Gasly will put the frighteners on Max, until Horner & Marko step in.

Vettel will make even more mistakes when LeClerc shows him up.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

no_idea

War Hero
I don't think Bottas will complete the season, not too sure about Stroll, daddy may have bought the team, but that may be his undoing. Zak Brown should be unemployed by this time next year, either unemployed or MIA, last seen up Alonso's arrse.

Rob Smedley reckons Kubica has still got it.

Gasly will put the frighteners on Max, until Horner & Marko step in.

Vettel will make even more mistakes when LeClerc shows him up.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk
Yas Marina Tyre Tests - Day 1

Stroll/RP Force India 1:37.415
Perez/RP Force India 1:37.976

Kubica noted for doing fewest laps on both days.

What did he do to deserve that punishment?
He keeps on about wanting to go to a race and both of us have absooooloootley no desire to go and watch left turn, left turn, left turn, Nascar racing even though the Texas Speedway is only 10 minutes away.

And, Austin arguably has the best BBQ in Texas*, Texas has the best BBQ in America, so there will be a side trip

Note: * Home - Franklin Barbecue | Austin, Texas * Austin BBQ Guide: The best barbecue restaurants and trailers in Austin | Austin 360 Eats

Yas Marina Tyre Tests - Day 1

Stroll/RP Force India 1:37.415
Perez/RP Force India 1:37.976

Kubica noted for doing fewest laps on both days.
Timings and tyre choice from both days of testing, interesting!!

Screenshot_20181128-224031.jpg

Hamilton to win 12-15 races.

I think he and Merc have seen off the Vettel / Ferrari threat; they’ve blown two great chances. Vettel will have his hands full of Leclerc next year and Ferrari haven’t strengthened their leadership. Max will go backwards; a long way IMHO with the Honda engine. Bottas hasn’t got a cat I hells chance of doing a Rosberg. Despite my disparaging comments about Nico in the 2014-16 threads, he dug very deep to win in 2016. Bottas hasn’t got that.

So am east one of #LH44. Dark horse Dan Ric and Renault, but not a championship rival until 2020. There’s a bit of Hamilton 2013 in the honey badger’s move. Might come off.

Other Brits; Norris will stuff Sainz and Russell same to Kubica. Two massively talented drivers and two teams that can’t go backwards. Albon, not sure. Silver spoon and all that. Maybe Daddy will buy him a team like Stroll.

Which leads me to next year’s wooden spoon; the newly named Force Canada.

I know the OP banned us from ranging wider even in the off season, but Alonso to win Daytona, Indy and Le Mans In the same year. Button to win a WEC round and Rowland to win FE in the drive that Albon left.

Did anyone ask for last year's thread to be "LOCKED" ?

Timings and tyre choice from both days of testing, interesting!!

View attachment 364462
It’s s long time since we saw the Fittipaldi name on an F1 time sheet; Christian in 1994. The fourth Fittipaldi to drive in F1; I hope he gets a full time drive in due course.

Only testing but Norris quicker than Sainz and Russell quicker than Kubica. I can see that being a familiar pattern. And Kimi looks like he’ll have time to write a bit more haiku.

And there seems to be a name missing.

A three drivers battle Verstappen-Hamilton-Leclerc. It's in the best interest of Liberty so they will favour this outcome.

A three drivers battle Verstappen-Hamilton-Leclerc. It's in the best interest of Liberty so they will favour this outcome.
Whatever Liberty want, Verstappen’s chances depend on Honda. They’ve yet to score a podium in the hybrid years. He’s going backwards

Leclerc is going to find himself in a battle with his team mate who just happens to be a four time world champion. That will be messy.

Meanwhile Hamilton is in a very special place. Height of his powers, compliant team mate and probably the best team ever.

Let’s start at F1 2021 thread early and talk about a seven times world champion approaching his 100th win.

Ritch

LE
"Liberty will favour this outcome."

Cue lots of conspiracy theories from our resident mong who thinks the owners will give a helping hand to the driver's it wants to win.

Can't someone thread-ban it?

"Liberty will favour this outcome."

Cue lots of conspiracy theories from our resident mong who thinks the owners will give a helping hand to the driver's it wants to win.

Can't someone thread-ban it?
Don’t be silly, F1 has always been run by “the owners”. It goes right back to the early days.

They ordered Peter Collins to hand over his Ferrari in 1956, sabotaged Moss’s car at Goodwood in 62 so he couldn’t race for Ferrari and fixed Clark’s Lotus in 68 to stop him dominating with the DFV.

In 76, they disqualified Hunt at Brands Hatch and sent both McLarens to the back of the grid at Monza so that Lauda could win (that one might be true).

In 94, they arranged Senna’s accident so that their young German protege could win. In 2012 thet changed the tyre mid season to help Red Bull. And in 2016, they deliberately blew up Hamilton’s engine in Malaysia to let Rosberg win.

I’m sure I’ve missed a few.

****, he found the new thread

Did anyone ask for last year's thread to be "LOCKED" ?
Don't see the point, there might be points to be discussed about last season's action/results/championship.

Latest Threads