Formula 1 - 2018 season

Well in my defence I was approaching 5 when I started 'supporting' him and the initial condition of support was his car was blue. 1997 is the first season I properly supported him with an understanding of what was going on. I would have been 6. I would probably view him like I do hamilton these days (that is to say talented but not so keen on the personality) were I a bit older at the time.

There seems to be a disturbing change in the views of driving standards in Motorsport fans these days.

Following threads elsewhere, it appears that hard but fair racing is now illegal according to the fans.

I really hate to use drivers names as it sets up bias from the start, but is the only way to identify cars these day, but incidents should be taken as car A vs car B, using a drivers attitude or previous record is up to the stewards, not us.

Anyway A went around the outside of B, left just enough room, but B touched A and spun, hard but fair. Same A and a different B did the same sort of thing a few laps later, with no problems, hard but fair. Later on a different pair, A moved under braking, pushing B onto the white line, which is not part of the track. A was punished.

And now to the problem, Alonso was heading to the first chicane, Gasly was on the outside, a couple of cm ahead. They braked, Alonso was closest to the inside kerb. They both ran a bit wide. Gasly and more than half the armchair fans, believe that, as he was ahead on the straight, it was his corner, the car on the inside should have disappeared to let the outside car take the line!

If this is how racing should be, its the end of racing as we know it.

One of the fans qualified his comments by saying "I've been watching since 2009,so I know what I'm talking about"!

I'm losing hope :-(

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

He was never my hero; in fact the opposite. More I’d support any driver who was beating Schumacher. But....so sad to end the way he has.

In a way Mick is a bit like Damon (only with money). I hope he does make it and won the title. I won’t be a supporter but.... As long as he only takes a single in and amongst Lando’s 7!!
I would say the same about Senna, people slag of Schumacher and, eulogise Senna. there's hard and fair, and Senna, one of the dirtiest racers ever to grace F1, Arrogant Twat somehow seems inadequate.

Well in my defence I was approaching 5 when I started 'supporting' him and the initial condition of support was his car was blue. 1997 is the first season I properly supported him with an understanding of what was going on. I would have been 6. I would probably view him like I do hamilton these days (that is to say talented but not so keen on the personality) were I a bit older at the time.
At 5 I would have been ‘supporting’ Jimmy Clark had I known who he was.
The first driver I started supporting was Jackie Stewart but the burger retired. First Grand Prix I attended was won by Emerson Fittipaldi and my first real hero was James Hunt.

**** I’m getting old but I can also remember proper overtaking.

At 5 I would have been ‘supporting’ Jimmy Clark had I known who he was.
The first driver I started supporting was Jackie Stewart but the burger retired. First Grand Prix I attended was won by Emerson Fittipaldi and my first real hero was James Hunt.

**** I’m getting old but I can also remember proper overtaking.
1972 perchance? I was there, don't think I saw you.:)
The one and only GP I've attended. I may have posted earlier, but my mate and I saved all our different coloured competitor passes from previous Brands races and I labouriously forged the date and we turned up in the middle of the night. Luckily, we spotted the special JPS ones the security were wearing before making twats of ourselves.
We slept in the car and paid early Sunday.

I would say the same about Senna, people slag of Schumacher and, eulogise Senna. there's hard and fair, and Senna, one of the dirtiest racers ever to grace F1, Arrogant Twat somehow seems inadequate.
Had I been alive to appreciate it at the time, I could only see myself supporting Prost in that rivalry.

Overall I think I would have declared for Mansell.

Hardly surprising tharnKimi is out of Ferrari at the end of the season and Leclerc in.

A few thoughts: will Kimi continue to be Vettel’s bitch for the rest of the year, or will he go for wins?

How will Vettel stand up against Leclerc. If Leclerc is de facto No2, it will kill his career at the start. If he races Seb on equal terms, will Vettel throw his teddy again?

Kimi to Sauber; not sure. It wastes a seat that should go to a young driver. Hopefully Erickson will get the boot.

If Kimi wants to continue in F1 he has to race so he has the best option for another team to pick him up.

If Kimi wants to continue in F1 he has to race so he has the best option for another team to pick him up.
He’s already signed for Sauber. Ferrari have an option on a Sauber seat as part of the engine deal. Leclerc was placed there by Ferrari.

It isn’t clear whether Kimi has been parachuted into that seat or whether Sauber have signed him on merit. If the latter, the. Erickson’s mediocre career will be drawing to a close because Ferrari will want to place Giovinazzi

C4 to show highlights of all the races in 2019 with the exception of the British GP which will be live.

For me it's better than nothing, I was preparing myself for calling it a day after 27 years of viewing as I refuse to purchase Sky along with a million channels to which I won't watch. I watched the last race on Sky through an app (due to my shift pattern) but to be honest the coverage and presenters never impressed me at all.

Channel 4 and Sky agree Formula One deal

IMG_20180914_134429.jpg

C4 to show highlights of all the races in 2019 with the exception of the British GP which will be live.

For me it's better than nothing, I was preparing myself for calling it a day after 27 years of viewing as I refuse to purchase Sky along with a million channels to which I won't watch. I watched the last race on Sky through an app (due to my shift pattern) but to be honest the coverage and presenters never impressed me at all.

Channel 4 and Sky agree Formula One deal

View attachment 352123
This is possibly my last year, I can't be bothered dodging the results to watch the highlights - C4 not having all the races live has ruined my enjoyment enough as it is.

This is possibly my last year, I can't be bothered dodging the results to watch the highlights - C4 not having all the races live has ruined my enjoyment enough as it is.
Yeah it definitely is a pain in the arse being on social media silence when a GP is on especially at work, I'll continue to watch it as I like the C4 line up, but if Sky start calling the shots on content and presenters then I may have to give it a miss as well.

I think C4 get 4x the audience that Sky does, and Sky been Sky they will probably slowly reduce what content C4 show just to Force people to give them their hard earned cash.

Not bloody me anyway!!

Ch4 coverage is bought to you by Coulthards production company, personally I think it's shite but, it's the only game in town.

I never watched any races last year. The only noticeable lifestyle impact was a marked reduction in falling asleep on Sunday afternoons.

Longlenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
An absolutely stunning pole lap from Lewis in Singapore. Love him or loath him you will have to agree he is a bit special. Dear old SEB is on the back foot.

That lap deserves to be compared to Senna's Monaco lap... stunning and I bet Vettel had a face like a bulldog licking piss off a nettle.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
1537021492347.png

Imagine how Finger Boy would have felt sitting in that Ferrari. He was expecting to cruise to pole with a lap somewhere about 0.3-4 down on what Lewis achieved. And the his screen lights up with that lap from Lewis.

He could only have had two thoughts; where the **** did that come from and I can’t beat it. And when that sink in, oh **** he’s got another run. Very rarely in any sport do you see a competitor put in a single, brief and so utterly dominant and demoralising performance.

Despite all the criticism of the current era , F1 can still produce moments that utterly amaze.

Only a very brief moment of sanity stopped me from jumping on the first flight out of Sydney to Singapore this morning.