Formula 1 - 2013 season

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by CrashTestDummy, Mar 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It'll soon be on us, so I thought it about time a new thread was opened for the 2013 season.

It looks set to be an interesting season, if only for the dynamics of the seat changes that have taken place.

What hopes Mercedes and McLaren this year?

Will Lotus be able to build on last year's promise?
  2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

now that is going to shake things up.

so...mclaren looking very much off the pace right now...can they claw it back as the races go on, or is the new MP4 a dog with fleas?

predictions for the season? I think you'd have to be an idiot to rule out vettel for a fourth WDC, but I also think it's going to make Alonso and Ferrari work even harder after coming as close as they did last year. although with the odds you can get on kimi, jenson and lewis they might be worth a punt. interestingly, most sites seem to give 10/1 on kimi for the title but only 16/1 or so on Webber...but I do wonder if Red Bull would institute team orders if MW was ahead in the points...anyway...
  3. Welcome to Australia! Lotus ahead in fastest lap stakes with Romain Grosjean pulling a 1:26.929 before the track got damp. Of course I am barracking for Mark, but wishing all a safe close race.
  4. Vettel or Alonso in my opinion. Alonso has the sheer ability to drive a car to its maximum and even outperform itself. Vettel is great at controlling races and can even consistantly score points when needed. Will be a great season i hope.
  5. Just for sentimental reasons, I'll be pulling for Lotus this year, not too terribly impressed by Grosjean's efforts last year though.

And just because I can, and if the Iron Duke can wibble on about Deltics, I shall do so about the golden age...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Was a good qualifying session, results: 1 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:27.407 // 2 Mark Webber Red Bull 1:27.827 +0.420 // 3 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1:28.087 +0.680 // 4 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:28.490 +1.083 // 5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:28.493 +1.086 // 6 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:28.523 +1.116 // 7 Kimi Raikkonen Lotus 1:28.738 +1.331 // 8 Romain Grosjean Lotus 1:29.013 +1.606 // 9 Paul di Resta Force India 1:29.305 +1.898 // 10 Jenson Button McLaren 1:30.357 +2.950. Sorry for no Paragraphs, DII dont allow it.
  7. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

blimey - I thought Lotus would do well this year, but I wasnt expecting them to just romp away with the first race.

interesting when you see how many drivers win the opening race and then go on to take the title at the end of the year...
  8. Did you notice that Kimi sat there for lap after lap behind the squabble between Suitil, Alonso, and Vettle, just within touching distance, but far enough back to keep out of trouble, just watching.
  9. It was heart warming to hear our national anthem, albeit as the team and not the driver. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lotus have a good car, very quick in Melbourne. Lets just see if Grosjean can keep up to the task. Just shows how well the teams have worked over winter testing. Mercedes even done well to be honest. Hamilton's debut and manages 5th which i thought was a good effort. Shame about Rosberg's car also.
  11. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

The wife still thinks it's strange that I am prone to standing during such sounds, but then living in Melbourne I feel duty bound to show the locals a modicum of protocol, lest they spend too long munching snags and losing at cricket.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Yea good job from Lotus, but i fear that the RedBulls will be back on it for the next race, their car seems to work alot better at the circits were the temperature are higher.
  13. Want a Brit to win each race, however if not then i want Kimi Raikkonen to do so, drives well and does not play the polished media game that others on the grid do.

""Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing."
    Iceman = Kimi Raikkonen in Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - YouTube

Martin Brundle: “Kimi Raikkonen doesn’t seem interested in the proceedings going on up there. Kimi, you missed the presentation by Pele.”
    Kimi (nonchalantly): “Yeah.”
    Martin: ”Will you get over it?”
    Kimi: “Yeah. I was having a shit.”
    Martin: “OK, thanks for that! Obviously you’ll have a nice light car on the grid, then.”
    • Like Like x 1
  14. What happened to Button? I caught the coverage a bit late, Button was pitting apparently from 21st / dropped into 21st while pitting (if I caught it right, I was doing other things at the same time), and early too. Poor tyres, or mistake?
  15. Shit car.

It's few tenths slower, so dropping into the shit category.