Formula 1 - 2012 season

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by CrashTestDummy, Jan 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a few weeks away now and already there are doubts over Kubica.

But, who's going to be watching and who's given up with the move to PAYV on Sky?

Personally I'm still very disappointed over the loss of F1 on the Beeb and I won't be paying for it with Sky, I just can't make my mind up if I'll watch the highlights on the BBC or just move to something else.

2. I'll watch the beeb stuff, but sky can go to hell, and take that pratt Blundell with them... I shall be more concerned with the BTCC - if coverage clashes, I'll be watch that in preference to F1..

3. Freesat, RTL if you really want to watch it for free. I must confess I've toyed eith idea of getting Sky like a mug!

Sent via Tapatalk

4. Plenty of websites that provide sport programmes, I'll be watching F1, Boxing etc that way.

5. No Sky for me.

I will watch whatever the Beeb put out but it will not be the same. That said if I could not watch it live in the past I have recorded it and may have fast forwarded through the less thrilling bits. So watching highlights may not be all bad?

Q.

6. Freesat? I've got that but can't get RTL on it, or any station that's showing the F1. How do you do that?

7. Murray Walker :)

8. Add an extra LNB which is then offset at about 10 degrees, you can then pick up signals from both the Astra and Hotbird satellites at 19 and 28 degrees East.

I looked into the Sky package recently and was almost tempted, but I really can't justify the cost when it is still available for free. I'll buy the F1 iPad app instead and spend the rest of the Sky subscription saved on beer for those afternoon European races.

Sent via Tapatalk HD

9. Thanks, I'll look into that. I've got twin LNBs at the moment, I just need to check where the see where the second one is aligned.

10. It looks like a Lego car.

11. Maybe, but whatever it looks like it will only look as good as the results.

12. If i could choose a wierd but winning title car over looks (Mclaren) then I know what most F1 fans would prefer,

Looking forward to the 2012 season & agreed with others that I'm gutted Auntie lost to rip off sky.

13. Rant on---I predict that this year will be as boring as...hmmm...let us say the last few decades.. put all the horsepower you want in the car, but you can only get it to the track by mechanical means, which means get rid of the wings, treaded tires (or tyres if you prefer), lets get some drifting again. Return the tracks to what they were in the 70's, the Nuerburgring in its full glory, Curva Grande and Ascari at Monza, Mosport, Brands Hatch. Then we'll see how many of the socalled drivers of today would get into the car and race.---Rant off.