Formula 1 - 2011

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by CrashTestDummy, Apr 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll kick off with ....

Alonso's a cnut;

So, driving into the back of an opponents car is both their fault in this dick's eyes?

Why can't he ever accept the blame, why does he always have someone else to point the finger at?

2. Perhaps you're reading something else? Or I'm miss-reading your quote? I can't see Alonso blame anyone there?

3. While the Fish-Nicker didn't explicitly blame anyone, he did rather less than say "I hit hamilton's McLaren"

4. Why would he need to? It was there for the world to see!

Rubbing's racing......

5. Matters not at the end of the day, even without KERS Vettel is untouchable. Hamiltons problems came about from his own team, not Alonso.

6. Well, the Jock reporter bird did ask him. Admittedly it was a bit of a stupid question on her part.

7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I am still at a loss to understand why Hamilton had a place reduction when he was hit. Its not as if he changed his line or are they suggesting he was brake testing in which case he would have been DQ'd.

8. Dangerously weaving/changing position too many times wasnt it?

9. No, it's because he was hit by a Ferrari ;)

10. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

And the correct answer goes to. I watched the incident several times and I (or the commentators) did'nt see it.

11. Oh yea, it’s a conspiracy, I forgot.

12. Nothing to see here move along now.

On lap 45, with 11 remaining, Alonso challenged Hamilton on the long straight to Turn One. While defending, Hamilton made more than the permitted one change of direction, resulting in his penalty.
    On the following lap, Alonso got a better exit from the tight Turn Two, and closed on Hamilton through the flat-out Turn Three before making his move.
    But the Ferrari's left-front wing snagged the right-rear tyre of the McLaren, forcing Alonso into making an additional pit-stop for a new wing.

13. From the Formula 1 GP in China, during the final lap 55 . . . . Sunday 17 April 2011, BBC1 . . . .

Over the team radio, McLaren technician advises Jenson Button . . .

“Webber is close behind you. He IS going to attack you”.

Unusually witty comment from dour Scottish commentator David Coulthard:

“The only way that engineer’s message could be more serious -
    would be - if it was delivered in the dark”.

14. Good to see the McLarens fighting hard - clearly no Team Orders there!!

15. Good race that one. Some actual racing for once instead of a procession. Think the new rules are working well for the audience.