Formula 1 - 2011

I'll kick off with ....

Alonso's a cnut;

"It was close and the rear wing (DRS) didn't work for me in the last part of the race," said Alonso, "so I couldn't overtake him on the main straight, which is the best possibility."

"So we had to fight in some corners, and unfortunately we touched each other. I broke the front wing and had to pit again. So it cost me maybe the podium today."
So, driving into the back of an opponents car is both their fault in this dick's eyes?

Why can't he ever accept the blame, why does he always have someone else to point the finger at?

Perhaps you're reading something else? Or I'm miss-reading your quote? I can't see Alonso blame anyone there?

Matters not at the end of the day, even without KERS Vettel is untouchable. Hamiltons problems came about from his own team, not Alonso.

elovabloke

ADC
I am still at a loss to understand why Hamilton had a place reduction when he was hit. Its not as if he changed his line or are they suggesting he was brake testing in which case he would have been DQ'd.

Nothing to see here move along now.

On lap 45, with 11 remaining, Alonso challenged Hamilton on the long straight to Turn One. While defending, Hamilton made more than the permitted one change of direction, resulting in his penalty.
On the following lap, Alonso got a better exit from the tight Turn Two, and closed on Hamilton through the flat-out Turn Three before making his move.
But the Ferrari's left-front wing snagged the right-rear tyre of the McLaren, forcing Alonso into making an additional pit-stop for a new wing.

From the Formula 1 GP in China, during the final lap 55 . . . . Sunday 17 April 2011, BBC1 . . . .

Over the team radio, McLaren technician advises Jenson Button . . .

“Webber is close behind you. He IS going to attack you”.

Unusually witty comment from dour Scottish commentator David Coulthard:

“The only way that engineer’s message could be more serious -
would be - if it was delivered in the dark”.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Good to see the McLarens fighting hard - clearly no Team Orders there!!

Good race that one. Some actual racing for once instead of a procession. Think the new rules are working well for the audience.

Well, what about that? Hamilton whining about Button hitting him, Schumi running near the front, hours of meaningless drivel from Brundle and Coulthard, more pace car procession than racing but the last three laps! Fan-bloody-tastic!!
That's what F1 should be like.

Judging by the lack of input on either of the two F1 threads I take it we're all in agreement that the Euopean GP was a 2 hours of our lives we'll never get back?

After hanging on all afternoon for the Canadian GP I was glad I waited, but as far as yesterday is concerned, I wish I'd gone to the beach/watched paint dry/slept/watered the dog/walked the grass.

I just hope the British GP is much, much better, but after reading about Hamilton whining how he isn't going to win at Silverstone I hope he doesn't.

It was pretty dire! We've gone right off Hamilton - must be because he's a black whiner...

It’s what I have come to expect since Hamilton and then more recently Button won the championship. The sport has attracted Anglophiles that only watch it because it’s deemed trendy and they might be in with a sniff of hearing GSTQ and seeing fluttering Union Jacks. Same kind of numpties that only watch Tennis when it’s Wimbledon etc. Same kind of folk that cant understand British people that don’t want Hamilton and Button to win, and are happy to see a German on top step of the podium, that love the sport and support characters like Schumi, Trulli or Kobayashi, not just British drivers in British cars.

It’s what I have come to expect since Hamilton and then more recently Button won the championship. The sport has attracted Anglophiles that only watch it because it’s deemed trendy and they might be in with a sniff of hearing GSTQ and seeing fluttering Union Jacks. Same kind of numpties that only watch Tennis when it’s Wimbledon etc. Same kind of folk that cant understand British people that don’t want Hamilton and Button to win, and are happy to see a German on top step of the podium, that love the sport and support characters like Schumi, Trulli or Kobayashi, not just British drivers in British cars.
Er, not quite correct. We've watched virtually race since the '70s and would I'd love to see Hamilton or Button win. Personally I've got soft spots for Williams and Lotus (not Renault, the other lot).
What gets on my thungas is drivers whining about things which they could have avoided or caused in the first place. Mainly, at the moment, Alonso and Hamilton.