Formula 1 2010.

Best looking 09 car?

• Total voters
If you look on pitstops, the pit box has two earthing strips that sit proud, this was to limit sparks and fuel spill issues.

Must get out more often!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
'The bookies have Ferrari as odds on favourites. Its mainly down to their track record.'

that would be track record of being the biggest crock of sh1te since Andrea Moda in the races, and then whining and crying to the FIA till they get their own way, presumably?? cheating cnuts. I hope they get another proper stuffing from Maclaren this season too.

No they will probably cheat their way to biggest pit stop carnage aswell.

Leveller i know they have the earthing strips but it still hasn't stopped the teams getting the odd good belt of static in practice with these things if you have heard.

YouTube Video BMW KERS Accident

News Item

According to German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, only McLaren-Mercedes and BMW-Sauber are on-track in their development of the complex new energy-saving device, whilst other teams – defending constructors' world champions Ferrari chief amongst them – have encountered significant difficulties, with the Scuderia's President Luca di Montezemolo having branded KERS ‘a mistake' whose costs are ‘very high'
Thats it then, KERS will be banned because mclaren have it working and Ferrari Don't

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
maguire, read what my remark was quoting. It certainly wasn't for Ferrari winning the championship. :wink:
oh aye. you and your ruddy good points. :(

still, I never let getting the wrong end of the stick get in the way of aimiong a good verbal kick at the cheating wop gits. ;)

vandyke said:
According to German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, only McLaren-Mercedes and BMW-Sauber are on-track in their development of the complex new energy-saving device, whilst other teams – defending constructors' world champions Ferrari chief amongst them – have encountered significant difficulties, with the Scuderia's President Luca di Montezemolo having branded KERS ‘a mistake' whose costs are ‘very high'
Thats it then, KERS will be banned because mclaren have it working and Ferrari Don't
Virgin Trains have been using KERS succesfully on the west coast line since 2002. I'm sure Ferrari will figure it out eventually :roll:

WTF is that fairing on the front wheels of the MP4/24??

I see the Toyota has gone down the H&S route. Big feck off electric shock sign on the side of the air box. 8O

It aint going to be the prettiest season with those cars is it?

I still can't see the fecking exhausts. 8O
Im guessing the things on the front wheels of the McLaren are monitors or something new to shit Ferrari up.

"Ferrari has pulled out of this week's major test session at the Portimao circuit in Portugal amid concerns over poor weather conditions forecast for the area. Rain showers have been forecast as likely to disrupt two of the planned days of running at the circuit.

Instead Ferrari will test its new F60 at its own Mugello circuit in Italy, where the team gave the car its launch and shakedown this week.

Ferrari has been keen to ensure it gets the most mileage in pre-season testing, as in-season testing is now banned."
More like they dont want the other teams to laugh at their ugly barstool car with lower laptimes than Toyota and failing KERS.

Okay, im answering my own exhaust question here and i was right about Ferrari pulling out of testing. :D
The car, revealed last week at the Mugello circuit in Italy, features rear exhaust outlets that reportedly contravene the sweeping new technical regulations.

The magazine said some of the Italian team's rivals have noted that because of the new rules cracking down on bodywork appendages like aerodynamic winglets, exposing the exhausts in the way the F60 is designed is not allowed.

A glance at the other new cars revealed so far - the Renault, Williams, McLaren and Toyota - shows that their exhausts have all been mounted in-board.

Auto Motor and Sport said it should not be too much of a problem for Ferrari to redesign the exhaust housing, but it may help to explain the team's retreat from the Portimao group test this week to Mugello.

Officially, Ferrari decamped to Mugello because of adverse weather forecasts for this week, but the magazine said the F60 also showed a significant problem with its front wing when tested last week.

It is suggested that, in light of these challenges, Ferrari concluded that it should be conducting the car's first major test as close as possible to its Maranello base.
Ferrari have problems. :twisted:

Fastest times of the test day.
2009 Cars.

1m46.076s / McLaren - Pedro de la Rossa.
1m46.335s / Williams - Nico Hulkenburg.
1m50.989s / Toyota - Kamui Kobayashi.
1m51.082s / Renault - Nelson Piquet.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
I must admit to being quite surprised that so many banks have the spare cash to sponsor a F1 team. After all they have been (and are being again) bailed out by the tax payer. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with my tax money being used in this way.