• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Former soldier defrauding people on Facebook groups...

I don't know if this is the right place but a crook online whom has made a career out of defrauding people on various surplus groups on Facebook etc has been flogging kit and not sending it, I've got enough here with examples of it from other people.

He has been taking the p*ss big time, ripping off people in Europe, US, UK and abroad; Stabs, ex-service personnel, CFAVs you name it he's done it, I'm putting this up as a polite suggestion to him before he gets named and shamed!

He was medically discharged from the regs for failing a CDT, I tried reporting it to the police and Action Fraud but to no avail, tried filing a civil court case but guess what, he's in Scotland, I won't name him for now but he deserves his own page on the ARRSE wiki, I'm going to politely ping him a PM on Facebook with a link to this thread, as long as there as no issues, I'm not trying to start a witch hunt I simply want a refund along with everyone else.

He lives in Dundee as I can see after a brief check online, the fool was dumb enough to also contact people direct from his bona-fide FB and sent his MOD90, driving license etc

I'm out of pocket for £150 as of now but there is also people owed more, the worst thing is he's making a career out of it!

What was it you were buying for 150 notes?

I did try filing a civil dispute but because he's in Scotland and not England it comes under some BS different jurisdiction!

He's certainly good at talking a good game and mugging people but not when it involves giving genuine ID including his Army ID card

Last edited:
Oh here we go now after reading this thread he's quoting Thursday... he's been telling me "every other day" for the last few months...

Too much paperwork
Your choices are:

a) Find him and beat the cash out of him

or

b) Put the money you lost into the section marked "experience".

If you're unwilling to pursue him legally, moaning on a website is unlikely to do anything. He'll simply change his username on facebook and carry on scamming folk.

Your choices are:

a) Find him and beat the cash out of him

or

b) Put the money you lost into the section marked "experience".

If you're unwilling to pursue him legally, moaning on a website is unlikely to do anything. He'll simply change his username on facebook and carry on scamming folk.
I'm frustrated because he did appear to be honest and he did actually do a tour! He's certified gen as I looked him up on army net after cross referencing his full name and his army number confirmed the last 4 digits of username.

I wish I had time for a trip to Dundee mind you

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'm frustrated because he did appear to be honest and he did actually do a tour! He's certified gen as I looked him up on army net after cross referencing his full and his army number confirmed the last 4 digits of username.

I wish I had time for a trip to Dundee mind you
Is he cute?