Former Sapper down...

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Gundulph, Nov 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In Memory of Richard "Dickie" Greenwood

Former Sapper Richard "Dickie" Greenwood very sadly passed away during a spell at home away from working with ArmorGroup in Africa in Mine Action. Dickie was baiting out on the mudflats close to his home in Ramsgate with his Son Ollie when he suffered from a suspected heart attack. Dickie was a loveable, larger than life character, a huge Family Man who was devoted to his Wife & Three young Sons, he was liked and respected by all who had the pleasure of knowing him and being able to call him a friend, he will be missed by all... for all Corps members who knew him they will think of someone who was a great Corps Man and loved his time in the Sappers.

This has been a huge shock to Dickie's Family, Friends and Work Colleagues. It is at the request of Dickie's Wife and their Family that everyone very kindly make donations here in Memory of Dickie rather than sending flowers for his funeral, the Page will also stay for 2 years for anyone who knew Dickie and would like to donate in his Memory and leave a small message in dedication.

His Family have chosen 'Help For Heroes' as the Charity they would like everyone to donate to in Dickie's Memory as Dickie was a former British Soldier himself serving in the Corps of Royal Engineers, he was an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Engineer and carried his skills forward into Civilian life where he has worked extensively for ArmorGroup in several Countries in Mine Action, where his valued work has undoubtedly saved countless peoples lives and allowed thousands of people to safely return to their homes and work on land that was once mined.

I would like to ask you all to take a look at the JustGiving Page set up at the request of Dickie Gee's Family:

http://www.justgiving.com/dickiegee

2. RIP

Cr33p