Former RAF perss arrested re Kandahar Airfield

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by Goatman, Jan 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Isn't the MoD Fraud Unit is due to be disbanded this year under SDSR savings......?

( Although this is an ongoing investigation, mods will note that all personnel named in the report have all now left the Sevices )
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Bury St Edmunds? Force Protection? Those two things combine to indicate a strong odour of Rock Ape.

Now this of course is pure supposition, and I wouldn't like anyone to get all prejudiced against the barrier guards. Muahahahah......
  3. As a barrier technician, I am chuffed to chips to see this. Long overdue
  4. What? High ranking officers, probably involved in the procurement of said company now working on the board? Never!

Sent from my iPhone using this Tapatalk thing....
  5. They are just following on from those that made rich pickings in Iraq, which there where many. This might be sharp practice but there are plenty of senior orifcers that have left and joined companies that had been part of a bidding process. Just imagine if they lifted the carpet on BAE and advisors working for them and where they came from.....oh the horror
  6. Or Pay as you Dine
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Darbs was the CO FP Wg for KAF when I was in BSN. Had his HQ in the TLS building. They took some hits, had a fatality as I remember, and a couple of major league, full-on suicide bomber, IDF, 'gooks in the wire' attacks. Seemed a nice guy, even if his hair was a bit weird by military standards.

Be interesting to see the outcome of this (Bubbles furiously sorts through paperwork regarding BSN at the same time)!
  8. I knew an Andy Bruce, wonder if its the same bloke......
  9. #####Don't know what the world's getting to

A bloke can't leave the Mob & make an honest living without being accused of corruption?

What, is corrupt about selling rubble, especially if other contractors were too scared to go out & dig it up!

None Story!!!!!!

I'm off to do the Laundry!:giggle:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. From what I've heard, MOD Fraud Unit is one of the best in the country. Supposedly its the only thing they are actually good at, hence why HO Force's refer to them as 'micky mouse'
  11. Pandora's box syndrome......

12. 'Fingers' Bruce? Could be.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. It will be interesting to see what form the alleged corruption takes, "ex" forces personnel use their experience, contacts and
    knowledge to make a few quid! That must have Blair,Clinton, Thatcher and countless others sweating over their martinis tonight.
  14. It's got to be.Where else do you go after the giddy heights of SO1 Community Engagement (V) in a Northern Regional Brigade HQ ?
  15. Speaking of which I have access to Saddam's gold. I just need to get it released from customs, so if you could help by supplying your bank account details I will share it 50/50 with you...