Former Liberian President found Guilty at the Hague

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Border_Reiver, Apr 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why the hell do we get him? I thought Liberia was settled by ex-American slaves, so send him there or stick him back in Liberia.

Being found guilty of arming rebels in another country opens up some interesting prospects for help given to Libyan rebels, and wasn't there talk of sending 'supplies' to Syrian rebels?

2. And when he's served his time, guess where he will live? Because it would breach his human rights to be sent back , where his life might be in danger.

3. Not often i agree with a chef but what the **** put him in Free Town sewer with the other *******!! I thought Kenya was bad until i saw these twats at work!

4. … and now I know why he may becoming here … from Yahoo News ….

That was nice of her ,

• Like Like x 1
  5. This from a woman who with deep and blatant arrogance defended her 'Gardening' claims during the MP's expenses thing quite publicly on Question Time.

She has more than a touch of the Marie Antoinette about her and I would dearly wish for her to suffer the same fate.

6. I don't see a problem with keeping him in the UK (would be nice if all countries chipped in a bit to pay for it) as you can pretty much guarantee that if he was imprisoned in a TPLAC he would be out pretty soon afterwards, through corruption/incompetence/revolution/a combination of two or more of those things.

Just so long as he doesn't get to stay here if and when he gets released.

7. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Oh my... Taylor will develop Alzhiemers and be released on compassionate grounds and then recover! Or he may develop terminal cancer with a prognosis of death within weeks, if not months, then actually die of old age after being freed and occasionally wheeled out to show the public he isnt well.

8. It would've been nice if it read like this:

"The historic trial of George Bush Jr. and Tony Blair has now reached a conclusion at the Hague this week . They have been found guilty of aiding and abetting war crimes in the Middle East in the 2000’s"

• Like Like x 2
  9. It would, but you have to practice on someone.