Former British soldier in US Army

Discussion in 'US' started by DavidBOC, Jan 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There have been several threads in the past about the possibility of leaving the British Army and joining the US Army. The US Army website has a story about a former soldier who had served for 7 years, left to become a private security contractor. About 2&1/2 years ago he joined the US Army and is now a Sgt serving in Afghanistan as a PSO.

Thought this might interest some who were involved with the previous threads.

Army.mil linky

2. Fair play to the bloke. having said that, "out of the frying pan and in to the fire" comes to mind!

3. An interesting comment about how he was greeted by American people on his return for R&R, unlike in this country. Perhaps British people are more reticent about showing their support for our troops. Or more likely they are more interested in the X Factor, footie, the National Lottery and themselves.

4. I've known a former Royal Marine who left as a Corporal, joined the USMC and is now a Captain. Whether or not he joined as an officer, I don't know. However, he got his citizenship (green card?) and is now a fully-fledged American.

He did encourage others to do so if they desired, but I was never sure of the process. Think it might be a bit late now!