Formation breakaway question

I'm studying for a MSc and my research topic concerns breakaway from a refueling formation. I've got a document which shows the typical positions before breakaway but isn't very informative on what the positions or maneuvers after breakaway might be. I was hoping there might be people here who would have experience with this and might be able to help. Suggestions for other places to look for answers would also be very welcome.

Thank you!

Try asking on the Military Aviation thread over on PpruNe. There are posters on there who have a lot of hours (5,000+) on tankers.

I'm studying for a MSc and my research topic concerns breakaway from a refueling formation. I've got a document which shows the typical positions before breakaway but isn't very informative on what the positions or maneuvers after breakaway might be. I was hoping there might be people here who would have experience with this and might be able to help. Suggestions for other places to look for answers would also be very welcome.

Thank you!
Basically, you start on the left and finish on the right.

ATP-56 is the bible.

Regards,
MM

Once safely clear of the tanker (ie broken away) you manoeuvre into whtever tactical formation is appropriate. Battle usually. Also, always try to depart the tanker in full afterburner to upset their lunch.