Formation Badges in the DLO

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Ned_Seagoon, Oct 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. While recently visiting the North Hampshire resettlement home for geriatric logisticians, I couldn’t help but notice that not one of the inmates sported any form of joint formation badge. Many were bare-armed, several wore Field Force patches with a “just visiting, I don’t work here” attitude.

Is this lack of corporate identity shame, humiliation or is it simply that no one has thought to issue a DLO patch?
  2. I believe there isn't a DLO flash. Why should there be? We have enough flashes and patches and badges on our 95 kit at the moment without adding to the mix with agencies and organisation badges.
  3. Is this a piss take?
    A DLO formation badge when the organisation is 75% snivel cervants!

IMHO such formation badges are "Boy Scoutish" and, along with TRFs, should be banned. After all, we are not supposed to tell the enemy what unit we belong to so why make it obvious from our uniform.
  4. I agree with KBW... I always thought that the bigger and flashier the badge... the more Baden-Powel the unit or qual... except of course the WO1 badge which should quite rightly scare the s... out of anyone.

As for the DLO... wouldn't a patch be a bit... well... pinky... if I remember their logo correctly.
  5. DLO - 'Purple Hour Glass' to denote Joint Services Clock Watchers!
  6. TRFs, don't get me started.......
  7. What we gonna do with a DLO flash - make the civvies sew onto their suits?

Theres enough badgery running around at the minute to make your eys spin anyway introducing another totally un-warranted and un-necessay badge is just as plainly barking as the rest of 'em are......

Dont forget - "Dont tell them your name Pike..." - thats the only thing they wont be able to work out for themselves these days......................
  8. a TRF for an intrinsically non-deployed org? Makes no sense. Twit.
  9. Thought you were talking about Formation badges not TRF's. Either way CS95 not designed to sew badges onto was it?

Hey Ho best get down the scouts for a few proficiency badges.................
  10. I thought formation badges & TRFs were the same thing, sounds as if they're not,
    Formation badge = "hi, I'm in 52 Bde"
    TRF = "Hi, I'm a truckkie"?
  11. Unless they look at the name tag over your left breast pocket?
  12. If I had the misfortune to be posted to the DLO I would probably want to keep quiet about it, not advertise the fact.
  13. Sigs affectation, that. The rest of us wear the laundry nametapes on the inside. :D