Forgotten Trades of the Corps

Looking at some of the major projects the Corps has undertaken in the past, such as the tunnels in Gibraltar, it makes me wonder what trades the Corps has given up over the years. Does anybody know/remember any of these as I'm quite interested to find out a bit more about what the Corps used to get up to.

A list of RE company and section types from 1918;-
Field
Special (Gas)
Siege
Tunnelling
Land Drainage
Searchlight
Electrical and Mechanical
Army WorkshopField Survey
Sound Ranging
Observation (Flash Spotting)
Pontoon Park
Base Park
Artisan Works
Works
Works (Transportation)
Boring
Barge Filtration (don't look at me!)
Meteorological

ugly

LE
Boring, ha ha ha!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Combat Engineering. :-(

Road Sweeper. My first job with 2 AES in Hohne. :blank:

AFV p&d. ;-)

Didnt the RE build the ammo depot tunnels under corsham in the 1930s?

Unlikely that combat engineering is a forgotten art (let some of the Cold War stuff) as it's all we've been doing for the last 10 years nearly. I am going on about the skilled trade work which is now either completely forgottne or simply passed over to a contractor to do as we don't have the capability to do it.

Wasnt there a "light and power" trade (or troop)?
In the beginning God created heaven & earth ,
And darkness was upon the face of the earth,
And God said " LET THERE BE LIGHT "
And light there was , - courtesy of the Corps Lighting Troop !!!!

There are also the trades that we've managed to hang onto by virtue of the TA. e.g. 507 STRE (Rly)(V), the only railway design and construction unit.

And wasn't well-drilling a STRE(V)-only role for a while until somebody realised that the Regular Army couldn't survive on beer alone, 521 taking over one of the drilling rigs? Bulk Petroleum might be another one.

A planty mate of mine who joined in the late 70s was also a Blacksmith by trade.

He came in very handy when the "Invicta" badges kept dropping off the Barford kit.