Forgotten Heroes (Not on this site though)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jack-daniels, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy linked to it in the "blogging GP" thread.
    Pretty shocking stuff.

2. It's sad, but i can't see things improving for a long time.

3. I really don't think the Government try and hush these things up, they just ignore them, showing the distinct lack of respect that we have come to expect.

In fact the only people who consider those injured are those people who are directly affected by it - family, friends and other service personnel.

4. This was one thing I noticed when I was in Iraq. There were so many casualties and very little coverage about them. They went through some drastic time. Unlike the lads who lost their lives these guys and girls have to live with this for the rest of their days.

It must be so difficult coming home and just blending into society. In this day and age people just don't care about what others are doing for them. Just like teachers, PCSOs, Military, Police etc etc people have lost respect for the people who serve for others. I'm alright Jack attitude is the order of the day and people just want to live in their little cocoons.

I feel for every patient I treat and I have nothing but respect for them and the fight they so strongly put up after such a horifice time.

I wish all the injured a quick and safe recovery and RIP for those poor souls who lost their lives.

NC

5. I think that may be the normal state in human afairs. Out of sight out of mind kind of thing. So sad really.

PS. Obviously this does not apply to every individual just society in general. There was very little consideration given to returning soldiers throughout the history of the UK. It took the duke of Wellington (IIRC) to get millitary hospitals started. Memorials for the fallen only became a popular idea during/after WW1 and probably only (almost certainly) because the majority of society where personally affected for the first time in known UK history.

PPS. Anyone interested in the story behing the "remembrance" memorials I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Very moving in parts.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0340898720/?tag=armrumser-21

6. Get a load of the comment from 'markc' of London. The internet is a wonderful medium, unfortunately, it gives pondlife like this the chance to voice their rancid opinions without being dragged out into the pub car-park and given a fecking good battering. I hope the bas.tard dies in his own sh1t.

7. That gits comment was incredibly stupid and uninformed. However the vast majority of posters where positive.