Forgotten Heroes merged thread

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by dougl67, Nov 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys, I would like to announce the creation of a new Charity. This Charity is called The Forgotten Heroes http://www.theforgottenheroes.co.uk/.

I am hopeful that the Charity registration will be completed by the end of November. Before I go any further, I will explain why it holds the name Forgotten Heroes. This is not to point fingers at the military or to undermine the efforts and sacrifices being made by our Servicemen & Women.

The Forgotten Heroes will take no part in arguing or debating the rights or wrongs of conflicts, past or present, in which so many of our friends and colleagues have made the ultimate sacrifice.

The Forgotten Heroes is dedicated to the support of those who are simply taken for granted and whom everybody assumes are coping well and with no issues. These people are the carers, those who give up everything in their lives to care for those of us who have been wounded or injured during our service. These people’s lives change as dramatically as those of us who have been wounded and left with lifetime injuries.

The Forgotten Heroes Charity is dedicated to assisting our wounded or injured Servicemen and women together with their families and carers whose lives have changed dramatically in the service of their country. The Forgotten Heroes is committed to providing quality information and assistance in an effort to upgrade the quality of life for our heroes and their families by raising the standards of support for those who have given what we can never repay.

The Forgotten Heroes Charity would not exist if it were not for the kindly intervention of Danny Richardson. After meeting with Richardson’s & Co, www.richardsonlaw.co.uk on a separate legal matter and during my discussions with Danny’s colleagues, Richardson & Co thought it only right and proper to establish the web site, create and register the charity, use Richardson & Co’s mailing address, host the domain and server and finally carry out any financial accounting. For this reason, Richardson & Co are the Charity’s preferred solicitors.

Richardson & Co are now beginning training in areas of law, for and on behalf of The Royal British Legion and will in the near future, be able to act on RBL instructions.

The Forgotten Heroes will be taking up some issues with the establishment and, for these issues, we will be in contact via these mail sources. We will be inviting some of you to contact the Forgotten Heroes and, where possible, The Forgotten Heroes will assist.

Sincerely

Adam Douglas
    Chairman & Founder

e: mail@theforgottenheroes.co.uk
    w: www.theforgottenheroes.co.uk

The Forgotten Heroes Charity is dedicated to assisting our wounded or injured Servicemen and women together with their families and carers whose lives have changed dramatically in the service of their country. The Forgotten Heroes is committed to providing quality information and assistance in an effort to upgrade the quality of life for our heroes and their families by raising the standards of support for those who have given what we can never repay. .

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

2. Congratulations in getting this off the ground - it's a fantastic achievment and am sure, will be welcomed by anyone who is a carer and indeed, their families.

Those who are disabled or are recovering from wounds will, I guess, especially welcome some recognition for the family members who help them through their day to day living. It's a tough job and often an unrelenting task and especially so, if there are PTSD issues to deal with.

Given your own experiances, and let's be honest being somewhat careless in leaving bits of yourself lying around foreign parts, no one is better placed to stand for the cause than you. My best wishes and the very best of luck in this terrific endeavour. I'm certain you'll find support from around the site and indeed, from hols4heroes.

To see one of our own put words into action is humbling and inspiring,

Good Luck,

Bumper.

3. Many thanks for the reply

4. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Doug, myself being a war pensioner and my wife also seriously disabled, we will watch your charity with great interest

5. Make sure you check out the Info section of the site, you might need direction from it as many people go through life not knowing that they are entitled to some help
    http://www.theforgottenheroes.co.uk/factual_info.html

6. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

And the rest mate direct payments, CEA card, free footy matches, discount on council tax, free tax for car and the list goes on

7. Hols4Heroes

Hols4Heroes War Hero Good Egg (charities)

Well done Adam, huge achievement getting this off the ground.

Am sure we'll work closely together over the coming months.

8. Many thanks for the support and I look forward to working alongside you.

Check PM

9. I don't normally "bump," posts but this one deserves more attention.

This embryonic charity has been started by an ex NCO. I don't think he'll mind me saying that because he forgot to duck when some bad person fired an RPG at him in Iraq, he now has a lifetime of living with the consequences. He's been through the system and knows where the gaps in support are. I think it's fantastic that he's got off his backside and done something about it.

He hasn't asked for anything, just put his post up to tell us about it.

I think he deserves a bit more moral support than just three of us posting. Charity fatigue is one thing but it doesn't cost anything to wish the guy luck.

10. Hey I'll try and support the Charity.

BUMP!!

11. I wish you luck with this Adam, if I can do anything to help you via fundraising next year drop me a PM, I'm always up for a challenge .

12. So sorry not to have seen this earlier - sounds like a great and well though out chaity with, sadly, a lot to do. Have you a facebook group yet? that seems to be a very good way of getting the sentimental brigade to support - it's their money that can make a difference.

Best of luck Doug, and well done

13. Brilliant, this sounds like a charity which is slightly different and much needed. I will support as and when I can.

Good luck. :D

14. Banker

Banker On ROPs

Not being ignored at all...........just waiting for the request for £....at which point I will respond with all the support my wallet can handle.

Good drills Doug.

15. Sounds like a very worthy cause and I wish you the best of luck with it all! Keep us posted on how it goes!