• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Forgive me....

Forgive me for my naivety but whats this part 1b and part 1c all about?? I was of the understanding that you do 4 weekends and then a 2 week course to pass recruit training. Is there another option to this now? I would rather do it as a block and take the time off as holiday at work and then be part of the sqn quicker. Could someone enlighten me please!?! Also would B Sqn RY be able to offer this?

1a TAFS1 held at unit(currently) 1 week end
TAFS2 held at RTC 1 week end

1b Phase 1 Training held at RTC upto 7 week ends for Infantry & only 4 for OA&S
1c CMS(R) held at ATRs/CIC 2 weeks, now a trained soldier
then comes phase 2 training which is all your trade training.

Our Scheme is

Alpha: 2 w/es at the TAC
Bravo: 4 w/es athe the RTC
Charlie: 2 weeks

I believe there is a 8 day Bravo option, I don't belive we do it, which has merit (quicker turnaround, retains knowledge etc) but the issue is wheter you can dedicate 3 weeks away from work for TA training ? Some can, many can't

The 8 day thing sounds great. The time would not be an issue as I get 5 weeks hols every year plus i'm owed about a week for time in leiu (sic). Wellyhead, are you RY?

We have the option of doing part 1B over eight days or four weekends (spread over two months). The disadvantage of the four weekends approach is that you can't afford to miss a weekend otherwise you have to start again.