• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Forgive her. Shes a woolyback.

Mrs Puttees hails from deepest, darkest Northumberland, from a small town on the outskirts of Otterburn Training Area which was probably known to the Roman invaders as "Uno Equus."

Anyway, during a conversation today....

Mrs Puttees: You know, when you're using the SatNav...

Puttees: Yes...

Mrs Puttees: .... and you're using it abroad....

Puttees: Yes.... (I just knew I was in for a treat - wifey is NOT technically-minded)

Mrs Puttees: Well, does it still speak to you in English?

Now I know why we've got so many asylum seekers in Britain. Can anybody recommend a good asylum? For me or the wife. I'm not fussed.

Just choked on me pastie

Bad a s my wife ringing me at work to say she was trying to send me a fax, but it wouldn't send as it just kept spitting the paper back out the bottom

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
putteesinmyhands said:
Mrs Puttees hails from deepest, darkest Northumberland, from a small town on the outskirts of Otterburn Training Area which was probably known to the Roman invaders as "Uno Equus."
Woolyback is a term employed by Scousers to describe denizens of St. Helens.

Northumbrians should be addressed as Master, Mistress, Dear Leader, Beloved Leader, Highnness, Your Sublimity and like that, you pig ignorant Southern oaf.

Carry on.

TheIronDuke said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Northumbrians should be addressed as Master, Mistress, Dear Leader, Beloved Leader, Highnness, Your Sublimity and like that, you pig ignorant Southern oaf.

Carry on.
Nope thats those from Durham :wink:

TheIronDuke said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Carry on.
No,No,No
A Woolyback aka a Sheep Shagg,er is anyone who lives out in the sticks, or it does round Teesside, which is in the North East not daaan saaarrff!! IronDuke
Nice one Puttees :D

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
TheHatsRevenge said:
TheIronDuke said:
putteesinmyhands said:

Carry on.
No,No,No
A Woolyback aka a Sheep Shagg,er is anyone who lives out in the sticks, or it does round Teesside, which is in the North East not daaan saaarrff!! IronDuke
Nice one Puttees :D
In that case my wife is a woolyback because her family come from Yorkshire and they are noted sheep shaggers down there.

My favourite among many? Spotting an ambulance going down our lane..."Why is ambulance?"

Kept me awake all night that did. I am still unable to provide a satisfactory answer.

Latest Threads