Forgetting your firearm

GrumpyOG

Old-Salt
I'm sure that made much sense in your head as you wrote that.

For the rest of us? Not so much.

Have another go.
821 EOD Sqn, then, was Special Forces support (working with SAS and SBS - with all their kit etc, all para trained) and overseas, again with lots of one off and “gucci” kit, both UK and foreign sourced.
The Emperor Mong, PBUH, has a dedicated thread on this site detailing stupid actions etc., thus it would seem that posting this muppet into such a target rich environment was stupidity of the highest order, or a cunning plan to catch him with quantities of pilfered kit that was, shall we say, properly accounted for in the first place.

My money is on the Emperor!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If the RLC storeman is who I think it was he ended up with us in Didcot. Not for very long as he had a visit from, amongst others, MDP and SB who found ALL sorts of weapons, ammo and kit in his room and his mums’ gaff - I think he may still be enjoying a holiday at Her Majesty’s expense (at least I hope so as he was a complete t*at)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it this piece of shit?

On my first tour in NI we were using Ford transit V6 vans. The bomb van was kitted out with storage either side allowing space in the middle for the wheelbarrow. We carried a lot of explosives which included CLC (charge linear cutting), this was kept in a long aluminium tube. When you opened the side door there was a void between the vehicle body and the internal cabinets, this was perfect for wedging the aluminium tube in.

For some reason or another we had to swap vehicles with Prov Reserve, they brought a vehicle up from Lisburn and we cross decked everything - everything except the CLC.

I realised an hour later and fortunately the covert drivers brought it back at the cost of a slab.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Ja, you and the ox you rode in on... :) SAP then, now SAPS. Still as fookedup.
I'd say far more than as the SAP.

But you've got to feel sorry for the poor verkeer these days, they have to survive on just their salary.

That's a nonce, not someone who has been nicking shiny stuff.

Edit: Also, for accuracy - he was a SSgt, not a commissioned Officer.

Whilst he is a nonce, he was also a big time billy bullshitter who had served at Them's Store Section and one of the EOD Sqn's Store Sections, Just the sort of behaviour I would expect from the comgarling wankspankle.

OK. The one I got away with. No pistol. by this time I begin to understand that (1) I have lost a pistol, (2) have no idea how I could have lost it, (3) I know no one has had access to the safe except me. (4) Life as I know it is about to end.
1586515075016.png

If YOU didn't hand it out and no one else had access to the safe then how did the weapon end up at a sick puppies home?

We need to know the answer to prevent this happening again. Times a tickin.......

ClockGiphy.gif

It has nothing at all to do with possible accusations of numptiness being fired at TWO of her Majesty's finest on a public forum btw.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Whilst he is a nonce, he was also a big time billy bullshitter who had served at Them's Store Section and one of the EOD Sqn's Store Sections, Just the sort of behaviour I would expect from the comgarling wankspankle.
Don't think he intended to be the one gargling.

I'll just leave this here

Having been volunteered to serve on a small unit tasked with securing such incidents I'm only too well aware of that. Fortunately it never happened in my time and I believe that the RAF has never lost a nuke from an airborne jet, unlike Uncle Sams Air Force.

not just RAFP, i know of MDP leaving a gun on a fire station,just as well his step son was on shift
My first encounter with MDP was at RAF North Luffenham earlyish 70s. In the armoury I was shown a rack of new Brngs belong to the MDP, all the barrels full of rust because the lazy f**kers couldn't be bothered to clean their weapons.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well, if it's anything like the dummies fitted to sea harriers, it's a bastard long tube of concrete, falling from a great height. No wonder it fucked what it hit. Bloody lucky it didn't hit a house.
I think that was pretty much what it was. Made a mess of the shed too.

In SWA ?
You don't remember the name ?
Big bald bloke called Greg, usually Lived in Jo'burg and was another Paraglider pilot

Chicken

Old-Salt
I heard a story about an Officer who left his Pistol in a Scout Car.

It was still there when he returned to claim it,exactly where he left it in fact as it had been tack welded in place.

Tiger-Monkey2

War Hero
View attachment 464402
If YOU didn't hand it out and no one else had access to the safe then how did the weapon end up at a sick puppies home?

We need to know the answer to prevent this happening again. Times a tickin.......

View attachment 464405
It has nothing at all to do with possible accusations of numptiness being fired at TWO of her Majesty's finest on a public forum btw.
Because it was never in the safe, He forgot to give it to me, I forgot to take it from him. I just assumed I had. Hence I could not account for how it was missing. Nothing complicated.

Lacking Moral Fibre

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
The way to do it is:

1) first attract the attention of customs with a heavily loaded car full of duty free and camping gear piled up in the back
2) once stopped wind down the windows giving them a whiff of two sweaty blokes in a heat wave & foul cheeses, and a closer view of the wheelchair on top of the camping gear

Then you get waved out of the search bay
Sounds like you've got away with it...Shirley not.

It being my car I didn't fancy handing over my year old M/Benz C class to the good people at Customs & Excise and as well as my chubby face all over the news.

I did go back a few years later and found a mills grenade at 'mash valley'. The grenade was intact with the fuse and pin but badly rusted. I left it in the field but found it again a few months later when I returned with my young son. I contemplated hiding it in my car but if caught I would have lost my L/Rover Discovery.
For some reason after showing my son I lobbed it away, as I threw it I suddenly realised it might go off unlike the war films I'd grown up watching it didn't go 100 yards but about 10 feet before harmlessly landing.

Latest Threads