Forever Blowing Bubbles - a WHU thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by TheSpecialOne, Dec 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought I'd start a West Ham thread for West Ham fans, whether Happy Hammers or Irked Irons, all gossip, news rants and scandal can be discussed.

I'd laike to start by saying how sad it is for Dean Ashton to retire prematurely due to the ankle injury he picked up during training on his England call up in 2006. He could have been a star, but it wasn't to be.

2. My grandad played for West Ham pre war (and England School Boys). A trip to the Med with the Royal Navy put an end to his playing career.

I got his caps when he died as well as some of his player trophies. His brother got the shirt :( Centre back, no. 10 IIRC.

Unfortuantly I only recently found out he was my step grandad...and hence the reason why I am so shit at footie!!!

Ben a Hammers fan from day one...for obvious reasons..and really miss my pie and mash just round the corner from Upton Park. Think it was called Robins..or maybe Moodies..????

3. I'm sure Dean Ashton will get some compensation from the FA - afterall his injury hapned on England duty.

4. Well, the media's rumour mill is working overtime now. A January fire sale is expected and as usual in order to remain in the Premiership we are expected to sell our best players:

Chelsea are planning a January move for West Ham goalkeeper Robert Green as manager Carlo Ancelotti has lost patience with Petr Cech.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will try and exploit the uncertainty at West Ham by making a £6m bid for midfielder Scott Parker.

But,

David Gold and David Sullivan have pledged a £25m January transfer kitty as part of their £50m takeover of West Ham.

However, the Icelandic bank that controls West Ham is set to reject the bid from the former Birmingham owners.

5. If i'm thinking of the right one , it was called Duncans , but I've not been for a couple of years so it might have changed.

6. Nathan's Pies and Eels

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

8. A decent display today for a change, the players seemed really up for it. Zola and Clarke got it about right and the west London whores were lucky to have got the point.
    Although if Dogba's outrageous effort had gone in it would have easily been goal of the season........

One of the better West Ham United websites
    http://www.kumb.com/

9. gutted we didn't get all three points after the replay showed Chelski were wrongly awarded their penalty. Not a bad display overall from the Irons but I can see more red cards coming if Parker continues his kamakazi tackles. Faubert didn't feck up as much either and seemed to be more polished.

Portsmouth on Boxing Day should be a good game - winnable as well (fingers crossed! :wink: )

10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Ah, it's nice to see that there are others who love the skill and all-round wonderfulness of a Hammers team in full flight - always guaranteed to produce lovely and watchable football.
    At the same time, this is balanced by an annual nail-biting frenzy of "will we stay up again this year?" surely unmatched by any other team in the Premiership.

We deserved all the points from that Chelsea match – I must say that I always prefer it when a match is decided on football, rather than penalties, but there you go.

11. There's more of us than you might imagine. We turn up in all sorts of places.

12. It's almost like having a guilty secret. We should have a secret handshake.

As a kid, our truant officer was Trevor Brooking's Dad.

13. West Ham have been found guilty of two Football Association charges of failing to control their fans after violence at a Carling Cup tie against Millwall.

The Hammers were cleared of two further charges, while all three charges against Millwall were unproven.

Allegations that both clubs failed to prevent racist behaviour by supporters at the match at Upton Park in August 2009 were found to be unproven.

An independent commission will decide on any West Ham punishment on Friday.

A Millwall supporter was stabbed as fans clashed outside the east London ground and pitch invasions by West Ham fans followed each of their side's goals in the 3-1 extra-time win.

More than 50 people have been charged by police in connection with disorder inside and outside the ground.

The FA convened a disciplinary hearing where an independent three-man panel, chaired by a QC, considered evidence for three days last week.

Wide-ranging sanctions are available, although it is thought a heavy fine or suspended sentence is most likely.

We have always maintained we were innocent of the charges

Andy Ambler, Millwall chief executive officer

Millwall were cleared of failing to ensure their fans refrained from:

- Violent, threatening, obscene and provocative behaviour

- Racist behaviour

- Throwing missiles, harmful or dangerous objects on to the pitch

West Ham were also cleared over the racist behaviour and missile-throwing allegations but were found to have breached the FA rule over violent behaviour and also failing to ensure their fans did not enter the field of play.

Millwall had complained about their ticket allocation being reduced before the match and vigorously defended the charges.

"We have always maintained that we were innocent of the charges," said chief executive officer Andy Ambler.

"As ever this club condemns all misbehaviour within football stadia and works tirelessly to eradicate misconduct and to continue to change an unfair and distorted misconception of Millwall Football Club and its fans."

An FA statement said it would "await the full written reasons from the independent commission before making any further comment".

Police have said the 44-year-old Millwall supporter who was stabbed did not suffer life-threatening injuries.

Hundreds of supporters were thought to have turned up for the game without tickets.

It was the first time the east London rivals had played each other since April 2005.

Eyewitness reports suggested opposing fans threw bottles and bricks at each other and started small fires as police moved in to try to quell the disturbances outside the ground.

Inside the stadium, police and stewards battled to remove fans from the pitch throughout the match.

West Ham have been found guilty of two Football Association charges of failing to control their fans after violence at a Carling Cup tie against Millwall.

The Hammers were cleared of two further charges, while all three charges against Millwall were unproven.

Allegations that both clubs failed to prevent racist behaviour by supporters at the match at Upton Park in August 2009 were found to be unproven.

An independent commission will decide on any West Ham punishment on Friday.

A Millwall supporter was stabbed as fans clashed outside the east London ground and pitch invasions by West Ham fans followed each of their side's goals in the 3-1 extra-time win.

More than 50 people have been charged by police in connection with disorder inside and outside the ground.

The FA convened a disciplinary hearing where an independent three-man panel, chaired by a QC, considered evidence for three days last week.

Wide-ranging sanctions are available, although it is thought a heavy fine or suspended sentence is most likely.

We have always maintained we were innocent of the charges

Andy Ambler, Millwall chief executive officer

Millwall were cleared of failing to ensure their fans refrained from:

- Violent, threatening, obscene and provocative behaviour

- Racist behaviour

- Throwing missiles, harmful or dangerous objects on to the pitch

West Ham were also cleared over the racist behaviour and missile-throwing allegations but were found to have breached the FA rule over violent behaviour and also failing to ensure their fans did not enter the field of play.

Millwall had complained about their ticket allocation being reduced before the match and vigorously defended the charges.

"We have always maintained that we were innocent of the charges," said chief executive officer Andy Ambler.

"As ever this club condemns all misbehaviour within football stadia and works tirelessly to eradicate misconduct and to continue to change an unfair and distorted misconception of Millwall Football Club and its fans."

An FA statement said it would "await the full written reasons from the independent commission before making any further comment".

Police have said the 44-year-old Millwall supporter who was stabbed did not suffer life-threatening injuries.

Hundreds of supporters were thought to have turned up for the game without tickets.

It was the first time the east London rivals had played each other since April 2005.

Eyewitness reports suggested opposing fans threw bottles and bricks at each other and started small fires as police moved in to try to quell the disturbances outside the ground.

Inside the stadium, police and stewards battled to remove fans from the pitch throughout the match.

Another sad chapter in the history of a great club :(

14. Interesting.....

Italian joins Hammers Bidding

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11685_5858034,00.html

Cagliari president Massimo Cellino has joined the bidding to buy West Ham United.

The battle for the Premier League club has intensified in recent weeks with financial group Intermarket, Malaysian tycoon Tony Fernandez and former Birmingham owners David Sullivan and David Gold all bidding to take control.

Now Cellino has emerged as a fresh bidder and reports suggest he has flown to London to open talks with West Ham's current owners, Iceland-based CB Holdings.

Cellino, who has been in control of Cagliari since 1992, is looking to become the first-ever Italian to own a Premier League club.

Cellino is known to be close friends with current West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola - who played for Cagliari for two-years at the end of his career.

"I want to save the team," Cellino is quoted by La Repubblica