Foreign Walts?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by the_wolf, Dec 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do they exist?

Ive always read with amusement when a walt gets outed on here by the good work of der Waltenkommando (and im very much enjoying this Mark Powell saga, keeps me going at work)

However it made me wonder, why do we never hear of or see walts from other lands? Maybe something JJH could enlighten us on too, or anyone else in the know.

Have i led a sheltered life or is there really just something in our water...

2. I did see a programme some years back about a group of seals that served in Vietnam. They went round and confronted chaps walting as Vietnam vets.
    JJH may have seen this. It was featured on newsnight at the time.

Theres been one or two 9/11 wants as well. There was a woman that said she had lost her fiance in the towers who I don't think was prosecuted because she ended up raising millions for the families. Cant be bothered to route for a link but C4 did a doc on her.

3. WatchingWater

WatchingWater Old-Salt Book Reviewer

I'd like to think there were some taliban walts out there in the rural areas of pakistan!

4. I think there must be a lot of USMC walts from the US Army just on the basis of how their military is set-up. Everyone wants to be a marine even the us army.

5. Don't the Aussie's have a website set up just for exposing Walts? If I find it later I shove a link up.

6. I can't say I've ever walted as a foreigner. Oh, wait. I once pretended to be South African to get into a nightclub.

Look, you had to be there, alright?

7. P.O.W. Network's Phonies Index - list of wannabies and phoney Soldiers

This ain't Hell, but you can see it from here » Blog Archive » General Ballduster McSoulpatch’s records -US Homo with SAS wings among other claims including being a Brigadier General

8. If you're a Marine and dont request re-enlistment at the end of your 4 years, the USMC traditionally gives you a bar to re-enlistment later. So what happens is Cpl. Debildog gets out and after a few months wants to come back in and finds HQUSMC Banned him from ever coming back into the USMC. Cpl. Debildog then goes to the Army.

Of course this does bring down our collective IQ with Former Marines running around calling Platoon Sergeants Gunny.

9. Your not alone. Had a mate from a nipper and all the way through school who was a southie who never list his accent.
    I can do a perfect SA accent now.

Got out of being nicked one night by doing the 'didn't know im not from round here' bit in broken English. Worked a treat.

10. I've got one. A Swiss bloke who came out with the following bollocks (taken from Daniele Ganser, 'NATO's Secret Armies' (London: Frank Cass 2005), p.45). The quote is more or less verbatim - the author's English really is as bad as this:

'[Swiss volunteers] during the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s trained in Great Britain under British Special Forces instructors. Training, according to Swiss military instructor and alleged Gladio member Alois Hurlimann, also included non- simulated real action operations against IRA activists, probably in Northern Ireland. This Hurlimann carelessly revealed in Switzerland during an English language course conversation hour when in poor English he reported that in May 1984 he had taken part in secret trainings in England which had also included a real, non-simulated assault on an IRA arms depot, in which Hurlimann, fully dressed in battle fatigues, had participated, and in which at least one IRA activist had been killed'.

11. Beat me to it, GB. ;-) :p

I suspected he was a Gaylord when I saw pictures in the news of his apartment door. There, like a tramp's hieroglyph to indicate a safe house to other travelers of the road, was an equal sign and the Rainbow Flag of Fantastic Fag-dom. I guess he told, but that's allright. Everybody knows that MPs are dicks anyway. ;-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]