Foreign view on BBC "news" values

L0L pretty much concise and to the Point, that the BBC need’s new researchers, to save them putting both feet well and truly in their own mouth.

At the end of the day liberal tree hugging leftie media types will always, always create news that panders, to their fellow counterparts all over the country, and the BBC is tapping into all that, the people that listen to the BBC, are generally the same people who can saunter down to London for a wee demo against the War, or take the day off from smoking Hash, for a cheeky wee riot against the poll tax, which they are not even going to pay anyway.

This is all happening while the rest of us who are actually affected by these events, are working our arrse’s off, trying to make some of the dubious decisions this government makes work and seem less bitter to those who are on the business end of them.

FCUK The BBC. Sky news is magic and I love the, top story video selection, by the time I have watched the same story for the 5th time I look over see its getting right on Mrs Terror’s tits, then light the fuse by asking her for a brew. :)

F

fozzy

OldRedCap said:
That 'desertion' story (exactly the right word as in 'fairy') from the BBC is outed in America. http://snipurl.com/r2m8
I've just had a quick shufti on the BBC News site and it would seem that the story has been pulled from the direct links - its still there if you search for it. Being a bank holiday, I'd have expected this story to have hung about a bit longer.

Wonder if the Beeb will be issuing an apology?

I think there are no UK News agencies, who are either sympathetic or pro UK Forces, all they are interested in, is getting the clearest pictures/video images for viewers, and show them the negative aspects of Iraq and not the positive, even if these are limited.
They are not interested in reporting what is going right, only what is going wrong.

The hard and positive work achieved by those lads from the QDG’s who have made the ultimate sacrifice, are sure to be undermined by news agencies, when the first words they utter, when talking to there Iraq current affairs expert is, More Soldiers dead…. Is it time to pull them out?…. Have they lost a grip on the situation?…… What will their moral be like?

Every report you see starts and ends with those well thought out questions….

Had a look at a few of those links and the following caught my eye.

John McDonnell, Labour MP for Hayes and Harlington told, Parliament last Monday that the number of absconders had trebled since the invasion with more soldiers "questioning the morality and legality of the occupation".
So is this MP a buffoon or is there something we are not being told?

TartanTerror said:
L0L pretty much concise and to the Point, that the BBC need’s new researchers, to save them putting both feet well and truly in their own mouth.

At the end of the day liberal tree hugging leftie media types will always, always create news that panders, to their fellow counterparts all over the country, and the BBC is tapping into all that, the people that listen to the BBC, are generally the same people who can saunter down to London for a wee demo against the War, or take the day off from smoking Hash, for a cheeky wee riot against the poll tax, which they are not even going to pay anyway.

This is all happening while the rest of us who are actually affected by these events, are working our arrse’s off, trying to make some of the dubious decisions this government makes work and seem less bitter to those who are on the business end of them.

FCUK The BBC. Sky news is magic and I love the, top story video selection, by the time I have watched the same story for the 5th time I look over see its getting right on Mrs Terror’s tits, then light the fuse by asking her for a brew. :)

You'd still be paying through the nose if we hadn't got rid of it for you (along with it's originator, Thatcher) - so I think a little gratitude is in order.

frenchperson said:
TartanTerror said:

You'd still be paying through the nose if we hadn't got rid of it for you (along with it's originator, Thatcher) - so I think a little gratitude is in order.

Oh okay well done. :?

Good spot Awol, completely missed that when I looked at it.

frenchperson said:
TartanTerror said:

and were are not playing though the bloody nose with the council tax?, funny, i must remember to be more grateful about the 10% per year (excluding election years) rises

Steven said:
Had a look at a few of those links and the following caught my eye.

John McDonnell, Labour MP for Hayes and Harlington told, Parliament last Monday that the number of absconders had trebled since the invasion with more soldiers "questioning the morality and legality of the occupation".
So is this MP a buffoon or is there something we are not being told?
This guy?

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/search/?s=iraq&pid=10383&pop=1

John McDonnell said

I pay tribute to Ben Griffin from the SAS, who said to us last week that he was not willing to support, in his professional life, the invasion of Iraq and the immoral and illegal war in Iraq. I also pay tribute to Flight Lieutenant Malcolm Kendall-Smith, a person of conscience who is in a military prison as a result of refusing to serve in Iraq.
John McDonnell and also said

To ask the Secretary of State for Defence what reports he has received on the incidence of (a) rape and (b) other sexual abuse of Iraqis by British personnel serving in Iraq.
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2004-07-12.173655.h&s=iraq+speaker:10383#g173655.q0

Obviously a headline chasing F"%£wit.

Thats what British news is about sensationalism and advertising to the rest of the world what muppets the British public vote in.

daz said:
frenchperson said:
TartanTerror said:

and were are not playing though the bloody nose with the council tax?, funny, i must remember to be more grateful about the 10% per year (excluding election years) rises
For all Labour's other scams, lies, deceptions, frauds and treachery, with the Council Tax, we're not paying an unduly high amount. With the Poll Tax (euphemistically known as the 'community charge') we were doing Thatcher's dirty work, whereby the 'less affluent' - or those less able to pay - stepped in to pay the shortfall created by lowering the threshold for the rich. Is it any wonder there were riots in the street? The alternative is fairer all round. Wouldn't you agree?

Doubtless there'll be a wave of 'rape victims' from Basrah appearing at the Old Bailey at some unspecified date in the future (when a certain unspecified ambulance-chaser of a lawyer has worked out his percentages). Interesting to note that sections of African press headlined this story "1000 British soldiers desert in Iraq", which gives it a little twist. Damned if I'd go AWOL into the steamier parts of Baghdad.

frenchperson said:
daz said:
frenchperson said:
TartanTerror said:

For all Labour's other scams, lies, deceptions, frauds and treachery, with the Council Tax, we're not paying an unduly high amount. With the Poll Tax (euphemistically known as the 'community charge') we were doing Thatcher's dirty work, whereby the 'less affluent' - or those less able to pay - stepped in to pay the shortfall created by lowering the threshold for the rich. Is it any wonder there were riots in the street? The alternative is fairer all round. Wouldn't you agree?
NO

frenchperson said:
daz said:
frenchperson said:
TartanTerror said:

For all Labour's other scams, lies, deceptions, frauds and treachery, with the Council Tax, we're not paying an unduly high amount. With the Poll Tax (euphemistically known as the 'community charge') we were doing Thatcher's dirty work, whereby the 'less affluent' - or those less able to pay - stepped in to pay the shortfall created by lowering the threshold for the rich. Is it any wonder there were riots in the street? The alternative is fairer all round. Wouldn't you agree?[/quote]

Funnily enough, NO, i was more than happy with the old system

and as for " 'or those less affluent' - or those less able to pay - stepped in to pay the shortfall created by lowering the threshold for the rich.", that would be the poor bloody pensions who can no longer afford to pay their bills due to the escalating Council Tax, or those on low wages etc etc etc.

at the end of the day, someones got to pay for the services that are provided, and the old system despite its faults was better than the hash we have now