Foreign Officers

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by monkeysandparrots, Oct 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know of any foreign officers serving in the regs or TA? its quite common to see foreign nationals in the ranks. was just wondering if it was the same among officers. if so how do they find it and if not, why not?
  2. msr

msr LE

Try posting in the TA forum.

3. We had exchange US and French officers, and I have heard of an Australian exchange pilot in another regiment.
  4. Once had a West Indian with a cut glass accent commisioned into the RA who made Major. Was invited to resign over allegedly false 1771 claims. Went back to the WI's. So yes, foreign officers have served in the British Army [as opposed to exchange officers]
  5. I have, in the last month, met a South African serving in a regiment in North Yorkshire.
  6. In my Bn during the last fourteen years we have had a Kenyan, an Australian , a Canadian and a South African.
  7. among TA officers, especailly medics , there is a significant number of non-UK officers
  8. Lots of Welsh
  9. Might it also be that we are facing a large shortage of manpower in the junior ranks, therefore needing to recruit foreign people to fill the gaps. Where as we are no so short on officers.
  10. It depends what you mean by 'foreign'. There are plenty of Commonwealth and Irish officers, but they are not considered 'foreign' in British law.
  11. Met a Fijian Captain once - Kingo I think.
  12. for instance a Pakistani born and bred in Lahore joins the British Army and is not concidered by law foreigner?
  13. msr

msr LE

The TA is only approx 450 Lts and 350 Capts short...

14. I must admit my ignorance to that, but I was sure there was a review when labour came to power saying that we were top heavy with officers.
  15. he's now a loggie...and there is also a Fijian Major serving in the Corps