foreign bergen question

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by maguire, Nov 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

2. So when you've crammed it full of stuff you don't really need just for the sake of filling it, how many sherpas will it take to move it? Or do you have your own 4 tonner?

I suppose if you regularly carry absolutely huge loads and you are a human donkey capable of tabbing with this thing then it might suit your needs. The question that springs to mind is that if they're as good as this bloke says why aren't they better known?
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I know... but it looks gucci... :(
  4. Also he lists this item as "His" but has two of them available!
  5. It looks like a cheap chinese knock off. It doesnt look tough enough for civvy, let alone military use.
  6. If you want a 'Guuci' bergen, track yourself down a Berghaus Roc, you can't beat it.
  7. Where's the kitchen sink then ?? Can't be no good if you can't fit the sink in there ! :D

Looks like the sort of thing that Andy McCrap would use to carry 3,000lbs of unnecessary kit with.

Travel light and travel fast my friend. Better to plan not to get bumped than to carry everything you MIGHT need IF you get caught as you surely will come a cropper.

8. My local surplus sell these they recon it’s issued to the Italian army, I doubt that! The quality isn’t that great

The quick release style zip off chest rig /grab bag isn’t quick release! The zips are to fine and are a nightmare to re-attach when full of kit or empty

In my opinion it’s all a bit gimmicky
  9. Yep.... pure gimick....

A couple of possible nice ideas, but poor quality.

Stick to an issue bergen with a floating lid mod.... Perfect!

Fatmini can help with this.
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I've carried that sort of weight and foudn the issue bergen to be everything I needed. I certainly wouldn't look at this bergen, at the very least the side pockets look fit to tear or catch or the zips to bust. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
  11. that began looks shit if u want a good bergan get an issued short back get it to jay jays or troopers and get it tailored with 3 x utility pouches and a poncho pouch on the front will carry everything and more that u need for Op's
  12. even if you did get it i dont know any one who would let you use it ! stick with a modded issue bergen
  13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

IR blah blah... the last resort of the upset CSM...
  14. Probably the same people that let me and many others use my Berghaus daysack and bergen, foreign pouches on my webbing, and countless crows with non issue vests. The only real reason I'd see for forbidding its use was that it would make you look like a twonk.
  15. fair enough ,must have been my lot that where unreasonable about non issue kit