Ford Transit Minibus

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Seemingly bone question. Does anyone know where the jack in the 17 seat minibusses are? It's not in the user manual (if it is it's not obvious.), not where the jack handle and wheel brace are stored. The UTube video show an american version and that's where the battery is on Euro versions.

Seemingly bone question. Does anyone know where the jack in the 17 seat minibusses are? It's not in the user manual (if it is it's not obvious.), not where the jack handle and wheel brace are stored. The UTube video show an american version and that's where the battery is on Euro versions.
Try MT stores, and good luck

Probably too late to be of any use but depending on the year/model the jack is in a pod by the foot plate.

transit1.jpg

Edit: just read the OP again, apparently you've already looked in this place. Sorry for the useless info.

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
20273766451.jpg
This type. Where HotMum shows on the old type is the jack stowage. On this type it's just the handle and wheelbrace.
20273766451.jpg

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
If so that's frustrating. All us old gits with grandfather rights arn't snowflakes. Thanks to everyone who gave of their time.

4(T)

LE
Other Transit hideyholes are (a) behind the drivers seat (b) under the passenger seat (c) inside the spare wheel (which you normally have to unclamp using the flat bit on the wheel brace).

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
C - informative. Will have look.

Other Transit hideyholes are (a) behind the drivers seat (b) under the passenger seat (c) inside the spare wheel (which you normally have to unclamp using the flat bit on the wheel brace).
Good point, either accessed by sliding the seat fwd or a sh1tty little cover at the back of the base

Are you fcuking kidding me?

In the ARMY?

<shakes head in disbelief>
Pretty sure that's the case with a minibus. You just phone the recovery number. I don't recall ever being fammed on changing a wheel, it would probably cost a fortune to do it, and even more when someone doesn't understand the benefit of tightening wheel nuts.

Pretty sure that's the case with a minibus. You just phone the recovery number. I don't recall ever being fammed on changing a wheel, it would probably cost a fortune to do it, and even more when someone doesn't understand the benefit of tightening wheel nuts.
(Not having a go at you personally).

What's the number to call for fixing bayonets?

I despair sometimes, I really do.

(Not having a go at you personally).

What's the number to call for fixing bayonets?

I despair sometimes, I really do.
During my recentish tenure in the Falklands, we had several incidents of lads sat at an odd angle watching a Landrover wheel bounce down the road. On each occasion, they had just picked it up from the LAD or whatever it's called there. Obviously it was their fault for not first worksing the vehicle prior to driving it out of the garage. Its safe to say that if the "experts" can't do it, what hope is there for the rest of the asylum?

Last edited:
During my recentish tenure in the Falklands, we had several incidents of lads sat at an odd angle watching a Landrover wheel bounce down the road. On each occasion, they had just picked it up from the LAD or whatever it's called there. Obviously it was there fault for not first worksing the vehicle prior to driving it out of the garage. Its safe to say that if the "experts" can't do it, what hope is there for the rest of the asylum?
5th-columnist Remainer penguins :)

dwills

War Hero
Most ACF minibuses have a recovery contract, AA is the ones I have see....

Latest Threads