Forces TV Pigeon Racing

I have been informed that the event was a charitable one for combat stress - I didn't notice this (perhaps I need to unclog my ears) and so I apologise.

Last edited:
I watched forces TV once but when their prime time daytime slots were filled with TV shows made before I was even born or were on TV when I was young enough to not be allowed to stay up and watch when they were originally shown I decided that I would give it a wide berth and haven't watched it since

Pigeon racing on Forces TV is for the Yorkshire Regiment and some others north of Watford.
Let me know when the reality show starts on "How to train your whippet" and I might tune in.

Re-runs of Knight Rider are provided for Speshul Forces....

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Phil Silvers Show was on yesterday as 0A flicked through the channels. They've probably shown every Hogan's Heroes episode there ever was.

I presume they just try and full the schedule in between the odd bit they do themselves with stuff that a squaddie and his family overseas might prefer. But as the number of pads overseas tends to zero, I guess there gets less and less raison d'être for Forces TV.

Soldier magazine needs binning too, articles on how to night nav and look after your feet in June's issue. It now reads like their target audience is a 14 year old army cadet.

So I tuned in to Forces TV about ten minutes ago, and I was greeted by a fairly interesting story of an exercise in Poland, a forensic reconstruction of a soldier's bones, and a heart-warming tale of reunited veterans going to the pier... then the rot set in, and I was greeted by a mangy looking horse statue (complete with fella dressed up in WW1 garb), and... a pigeon race in Bletchley.

The tenuous link with the Forces was that... well... erm... pigeons were used in war?

Is this normal fare for Forces TV? I feel like I've aged forty years in the time it took to watch those programs... normally I don't whinge about telly programs, but this was one of the most baffling links I've ever seen on TV.
So you whinge about a charity event in aid of Combat Stress instead !
It was worth covering as the event was between the House of Commons and the House of Lords were they sponsored pigeons, so it brought Combat Stress into the minds of MP's and Lords, not a bad thing IMHO

So you whinge about a charity event in aid of Combat Stress instead !
It was worth covering as the event was between the House of Commons and the House of Lords were they sponsored pigeons, so it brought Combat Stress into the minds of MP's and Lords, not a bad thing IMHO
He just is a perma-sending complainer.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer