Forces Sauces..

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by PartTimePongo, Dec 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Item running on BBC World now , where ex-squaddies, supported by the Sir Oswald Stoll foundation, have launched a range of condiments under the brand "Forces Sauces"

Brown Sauce, Mustard and Horseradish , proceeds go towards homeless ex-soldiers , sauces created by other former homeless ex-servicemen.

No website as yet, but production centred on Bob Barrett's Pryors bank cafe in Fulham

http://www.pryorsbank.co.uk/

So if you're in the Fulham area , drop in and support homeless ex-Soldiers by picking up your chrimbo sauces from there :D

Well done them.

2. There was a report on this on R4 this morning. An interesting variation on the usual theme. If there's some ex- ACC boys out there able to assist in the kitchen to help train others.................... Saintstone? Where are you......................?

3. Well done them indeed. I particularly like the sound of 'The Old Contemptible Mustard'

Try a drop of that Kaiser Bill.

4. A marvellous idea, any links to NAAFI pies?

5. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

So this on Beeb Breakfast. Good on 'em.

I wonder if we can get them online - will investigate and post linky if we can.

6. Nice one.
    Do they do one with a mixture of oil,hexy blocks,pine needles and mud?

7. mysteron

So they don't deliver the sauces - you have to get your skin over there.

Sounds like an excellent RV for pre-ARRSE crawl nosh or morning after ARRSE crawl nosh. Thoughts?

8. With a stringy bit of hessian, for good measure.

9. Now here's an idea, why don't the messes at the various camps within the m25 go and buy a job lot of these sauces for use with dinners? Whether as a one off or regular thing it'd give the organization a large cash injection and show that Aramark isn't just a profit-hungry corporate-whore-producing pantheon staffed entirely by ***** and retards!

10. Listened to someone involved in this on R5 this morning (I missed the first couple of minutes of the interview because I was driving and lost MW reception so I don't know his name).

They're designing a website which should go live after new year, so you will be able to mail order soon.

11. Do they offer a bottle of MDN's sauce?

12. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We've just received the following email which I'd love to be able to pass on .... anyone got any contact details?

13. mysteron

14. Sort of restores your faith in folk, doesn't it? Pay attention you knobheads in Westminster!

15. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Does anyone else find the idea of eating a homeless man's sauce disturbing is it just me?

Seriously though, top idea, I work close(ish) to Fulham so will pop by on the way home to stock up on some stocking fillers.