Forces Sauces..

Item running on BBC World now , where ex-squaddies, supported by the Sir Oswald Stoll foundation, have launched a range of condiments under the brand "Forces Sauces"

Brown Sauce, Mustard and Horseradish , proceeds go towards homeless ex-soldiers , sauces created by other former homeless ex-servicemen.

No website as yet, but production centred on Bob Barrett's Pryors bank cafe in Fulham

http://www.pryorsbank.co.uk/

So if you're in the Fulham area , drop in and support homeless ex-Soldiers by picking up your chrimbo sauces from there :D

Forces Sauces is available to buy in Pryors Bank Cafe.

Having produced its own much admired sauces for some time, Pryors Bank Cafe has hit on the idea of expanding its business to support vulnerable Veterans.

Marketing condiments as "Forces Sauces" is the brainchild of Bob Barrett, a former homeless Veteran himself, and Mike Logue, the Pryors Bank Café manager. The sauces have now been successfully "marketed" not only at Fulham's Pryors Bank Cafe, but also at various Christmas Fairs in the SW6 area.

The products, made by the Pryors Bank Cafe apprentices on-site in Fulham, include "Old Contemptible Mustard" as well as the usual ketchup and brown sauce favourites.

Rick Brunwin, Chief Executive of the Foundation said "we know the product is a great product, that there is a market for it and that selling it will significantly benefit the vulnerable and disabled Veterans we support, so we are now exploring how we can successfully produce the sauces on a bigger scale."

Should Forces Sauces be a commercial success, the Foundation will be able to open up further apprentice roles or other work opportunities for Veterans, as well as raising vital funds to support the vulnerable and disabled ex-Service personnel living at the Foundation.
Well done them.

There was a report on this on R4 this morning. An interesting variation on the usual theme. If there's some ex- ACC boys out there able to assist in the kitchen to help train others.................... Saintstone? Where are you......................?

Well done them indeed. I particularly like the sound of 'The Old Contemptible Mustard'

Try a drop of that Kaiser Bill.

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
So this on Beeb Breakfast. Good on 'em.

I wonder if we can get them online - will investigate and post linky if we can.

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
So they don't deliver the sauces - you have to get your skin over there.

Sounds like an excellent RV for pre-ARRSE crawl nosh or morning after ARRSE crawl nosh. Thoughts?

Now here's an idea, why don't the messes at the various camps within the m25 go and buy a job lot of these sauces for use with dinners? Whether as a one off or regular thing it'd give the organization a large cash injection and show that Aramark isn't just a profit-hungry corporate-whore-producing pantheon staffed entirely by cnuts and retards!

Listened to someone involved in this on R5 this morning (I missed the first couple of minutes of the interview because I was driving and lost MW reception so I don't know his name).

They're designing a website which should go live after new year, so you will be able to mail order soon.

Do they offer a bottle of MDN's sauce?

We've just received the following email which I'd love to be able to pass on .... anyone got any contact details?

Message: Hi! have just seen the BBC News 24 bit on the boys making sauces to generate
funds. While we think it a great idea it is a bloody disgrace that these lads who put
themselves in harms way have been effectively rejected by Gordon Brownose et al.

As such we here at http://www.smartsitesuk.com woud love to help the guys out by
creating a shopping cart web site that will enable them to sell their wares on line. We
will cover all the associated costs, eg domain reg, hosting fees etc as we feel it is the
least we can do.

Can you pass on our details to those concerned?

Kind regards
***** ***** (Name hidden)
Smart Sites UK (Design Dept)

Sort of restores your faith in folk, doesn't it? Pay attention you knobheads in Westminster!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Does anyone else find the idea of eating a homeless man's sauce disturbing is it just me?

Seriously though, top idea, I work close(ish) to Fulham so will pop by on the way home to stock up on some stocking fillers.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
mysteron said:
Ravers - perhaps you could offer your shed as a storage space? :wink: :thumright:
Shhhhhh!

We don't talk about the contents of my shed on here any more, not after last time when the police got involved.

I will purchase some sauces tonight and let people know how they are tomorrow.

Bump