Forces Safeguard?!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Mongoose, May 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Greetings, more likely to get a better answer here than JPAC!

    Anyone tell me a bit about this? One of our soldiers is paying £10 a month for it and has done since it was forced upon him in basic during the 80's..

    How do I go about getting it cancelled for him?

    Cheers for any info.
  2. Get his bank to stop the DD
  3. MrBane

    MrBane LE Moderator Reviewer Reviews Editor

    Yup. Quickest way to deal with any payments you're not happy about, is to get the bank to stop the direct debit.

    However, if it's coming directly off his pay, which I'd assume it was, then it should be stopped by phoning JPA. Failing that, get his RAO onto it, as chances are, not many bods will know what it is.
  4. Yeah its coming right off his pay, I'll raise an I-support tomorrow so I don't actually have to talk to any of those chimps
  5. Mongoose - this should help you:

    Forces Safeguard

    Forces Safeguard is the authorised MOD life assurance scheme, which can be set up and paid by allotment, through the Pay Office, using RN Form C102/Army Form AF 09576A/RAF Form 7396. Safeguards main features are that it provides life cover should one die from any cause, anywhere in the world, at any time, on or off duty. There are no exclusions for service in any theatre of war. Nor is there an NBC exclusion. Critical illness cover is also included. Cover is immediate once the Pay Office certifies the application form. When you leave the Services, subject to 2 years in the scheme, half the standard premiums paid will be returned to you as a loyalty bonus. Minimum level of contribution is £10 a month. This will give a maximum sum assured of £41290 for a 21 year old, £32210 for a 30 year old, and £23090 for a 40 year old Service person. Multiple units may be purchased, up to a maximum sum assured of £150,000. The scheme is underwritten by Scottish Widows.

    For more information on these products, or a quote, call our Service Centre on Freephone 0800 316 1317, e-mail, or visit our website at If you are outside the UK, call us on +44 1206 393 777 and we will call you straight back.

    Hope this helps you bud,
  6. My bold,

    why would he want to cancel this policy now in light of the fact that he will get half the premiums back when he leaves? In essence he will be looking at a rebate upon leaving of £60 for every year he has contributed, which if you are talking 1980 would be £1620, well worht continuing I'd say.
  7. Aye good point, he's probably not aware of that and he does only pay £10 a month so I'll ping that over to him. Cheers Snaggle