Forces Reunited

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Good CO, Jul 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Out of interest has anyone uses Forces Reunited or know what it's like?

I ask as I asked about a link exchange with them (although they already have one in our links section) and was told that we were not worthy of a link. Friendly enough, but a definite look-down-the-nose.
  2. Fear not IMHO its pretty shiete :wink:
  3. ^Well forget arrseonia, let's invade them!
  4. Have you contacted the AMS site, they may be up for a spot of advertising over here.

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Mmm. Just joined and looked. I was one of about 5 people online I think. His line was "we get 200,000 unique visitors per month, I hardly think it would be a fair exchange do you?".
    OK. No I don't! Utter lies.
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'll look at the AMS now. Cheers.
  7. Used it many times for the last few years, found and been contacted by loads of old mates. Quite a useful tool. Found it by just typing in 'old Army mates' in Google, so I would say it's worthy of having ARRSE on it.
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

It may be, but he wasn't interested as we're not worthy of a place, although he did offer paid advertising.

Glad it's useful though. If you like it, it can stay in your links section.
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

GH, I mean that it's already there and can stay, regardless of our worthiness or otherwise to earn a place on there.
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

GCO - for my tuppenceworth you are right to leave it. There is no reason to lower your standards to those of others.
  11. Forces Reunited is for geriatric pap fed old farts is far better and run by my old mucker

12. Auld-Git, take your tongue out of the GCOs arse. I merely stated that the website is a good 'tool', just like Brownbiscuits, Servicepals and Forcesreunited. Nothing more then a tool. These sites may have 1 or 2 users on-line, but it can generate 1000's of hits per day, week or month from visitors. To me, that then makes good business sense to advertise (dependant of course, on costs). It's not a case of 'lowering your standards' (on the internet?), it's a case of getting noticed on the WWW and thus increasing membership of ARRSE. Polar69s comment above has probably increased his mates website traffic tenfold, just the same as ‘lowering your standards’ for other crap websites.
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Taking what you have said - ARRSE therefore will start charging FU for the link on the Arrse site? 8O Doh 8O
  14. You can make decisions like that? Wow, here's me thinking it was G & BCOs train set.