Forces Railcard

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by chemystery, May 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All,

I remember reading on here that the Forces Railcard is not available to members of the TA unless they are mobilised.

Is this true and can anyone point me at the source of this statement. I find it incredible that you are given a railcard when you're not likely to be in the country for a while and then have it taken from you when you get back and you can actually use it.

2. You only get the forces railcard at Chilwell, not only if you are mobilsied but also if you are on an FTRS. Yes I know it sucks but there you go, my other half has one as she's on FTRS I am not so i don't get a rail card!

One Army, my arrse!

3. If you are her legal partner, you should be able to get one as well, (I think).

I'll ask one of our revenue bods next time I see them.
  4. I don't think you get given it. The regulars have to pay £15 a year for the privilege of living miles from their home town.
  5. [/quote]If you are her legal partner, you should be able to get one as well, (I think).[/quote]

No not yet but in October I will be ,lol

6. do what i did and take the opportunity when your demobbing to get one.
  7. do what i do and show mod 90 with ticket to inspector works everytime - have to buy subsidised ticket from the machine - been doing it for 4 years never been questioned once and saved me a fortune
  8. msr

msr LE

But it is only valid until your demob date :x

9. mines dated 12 months "from date shown" on the card so 12 months from whenever you get the clerk to issue one. nothing to do with demob date.
  10. msr

msr LE

That's what I was told. Your mileage obviously did vary.