• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Forces Railcard

All,

I remember reading on here that the Forces Railcard is not available to members of the TA unless they are mobilised.

Is this true and can anyone point me at the source of this statement. I find it incredible that you are given a railcard when you're not likely to be in the country for a while and then have it taken from you when you get back and you can actually use it.

Cheers

Chem

You only get the forces railcard at Chilwell, not only if you are mobilsied but also if you are on an FTRS. Yes I know it sucks but there you go, my other half has one as she's on FTRS I am not so i don't get a rail card!

One Army, my arrse!

Stilts

STILTS said:
You only get the forces railcard at Chilwell, not only if you are mobilsied but also if you are on an FTRS. Yes I know it sucks but there you go, my other half has one as she's on FTRS I am not so i don't get a rail card!

One Army, my arrse!

Stilts
If you are her legal partner, you should be able to get one as well, (I think).

I'll ask one of our revenue bods next time I see them.

[/quote]If you are her legal partner, you should be able to get one as well, (I think).[/quote]

No not yet but in October I will be ,lol

Stilts

do what i do and show mod 90 with ticket to inspector works everytime - have to buy subsidised ticket from the machine - been doing it for 4 years never been questioned once and saved me a fortune

msr said:
fusilier50 said:
do what i did and take the opportunity when your demobbing to get one.
But it is only valid until your demob date :x

msr
mines dated 12 months "from date shown" on the card so 12 months from whenever you get the clerk to issue one. nothing to do with demob date.

fusilier50 said:
msr said:
fusilier50 said:
do what i did and take the opportunity when your demobbing to get one.
But it is only valid until your demob date :x

msr
mines dated 12 months "from date shown" on the card so 12 months from whenever you get the clerk to issue one. nothing to do with demob date.
That's what I was told. Your mileage obviously did vary.

msr

Latest Threads