Forces Railcard

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Major_Sharpe, Mar 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is the forces railacard availible to TA personnel? If so how do I go about getting one? Or could I get away with just my MOD90?

Cheers,

Sharpie.

2. No I'm afraid TA aren't entitled to the rail cards regs only

3. Couldn't find the search function then?

4. Just to elaborate- the reasoning is that we can get a Rail Warent for any rail journeys required for duty, thus making a rail card a nice but unnecessary extra.

T C

5. Sorry, searched after I posted. Yes, i am backwards.

What would happen if I just jumped on with a mod90?

6. the TA only get a forces railcard if they are mobilised, so if you want one get bookedon a al expensed paid sunshine holiday.

One Army my ARRSE!!!

Stilts

7. How the fuck would we know you fucking clown?

I imagine it would be the same as if someone jumped on with a fucking library card.

Anymore bone questions?

8. You'd get:

A. Made to pay the difference if the conductor came round.

B. Turfed off at the next station

C. Nicked and fined

D. Told you need a proper railcard and let off with a warning (nice Conductors only).

Make your choice and you can phone a friend (from nick) or ask the Audience.

9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

One Army. You're not entitled to indulge either, but that nice Mr Brown/e will let you go to war for him!

10. Nothing as you would have had to purchase a full fare ticket

11. Yep - found it really amusing that this was on offer as a "perk" pre-deployment. Wasn't getting deployed to Clapham Junction :lol:

12. Really, well on the 16.07 to Farnborough the other day a lad on the train was asked rof his ticket by the conductor, he had none as the station had been unmanned, he produced a MOD90 and told the conductor where he was travelling to and where he came from. Th conductor said "No worries mate its free for you guys!" I was a bit shocked to say the least as I'd just paid full fare :wink:

13. Now I'm not the worlds best with computers but, whenever I try the search thing it just lists a whole load of threads of random stuff.

I stand by to be insulted, degraded and generally made fun of!

14. I find your attitude extremely negative and somewhat hostile to the original poster. It's understanding though considering he's a complete fuckwit.

15. railcard ????
    3 rail warrants a year under gyh then only 1 after 3 years services, frees rail warrant for RnR during op tour. Unless it has changed again, do remember nice conductor checking only 1 ticket on journey as the others were asleep, the fact they had no tickets went unnoticed:D