Forces pensioners hit by new bus pass rules.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jumbo, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I am not sure how to do this but may be a reader will.
    I have just reached 60 and now get my RAF pension. however I will not qualify for my bus pass for about 18 months. That is the date when a woman of my age would get her state pension. Things will get worse for those who are not yet 60, as the state pension age marches toward seventy years old Forces pensioners may end up waiting for 10 years for their bus passes.

Does any body want to/know how to start a campaign to get Parliament to redress this injustice?<br>

Cheers,

Jumbo

2. What a load of shite. I've had my War Pension since I was 28, should I get a free bus pass too?

3. Join the camp at St Pauls, might as well stick this "injustice" in with all the other crap they're bleating about.

4. Jesus tittyfucking Christ. There's lads coming back from Afghanistan with three ******* limbs missing and you're whining that you have to wait an extra few months to get a ******* bus pass? You've managed 60 years without it, you'll manage another eighteen months.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm quoting this in case Jumbo gets trigger happy with the delete button.

6. So you'll get a free bus pass before you're 62. Hard life, innit. It's tied to the same age as when a female gets her bus pass so I doubt if anyone will have to wait until they're 70. (Then again!!!) So why should people with decent pensions, maybe still working, people like Alan Sugar (he's entitled) or Michael Winner (so's he) get free bus passes? I can understand it when people get to state retirement age and that's all they have but not for those getting extra incomes. Means test it.

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I don't get a forces pension, but I have a bus pass and have had for 18 months. So you youngsters keep working hard and pay for my bus pass!

8. Jesus ******* Christ,

Who gives a **** about bus passes FFS??? Jimmys Best Mate - well said sir!!!

9. I have a forces pension, a war pension and one of those 'cheers Boris' Oyster cards for travelling around London, not really relevant to the OP but thought id rub his nose in it a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  10. ******* hell lads! Ease up on the OP a bit. He's a pensioner for ****'s sake. The piss-addled doddering old, white-sock-wearing ****.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Move to Spain. Anyone legally registered as a voter and paying taxes gets a free bus pass in the towns. Keeps the Moroccans off, you know.

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Oiy! I resemble that remark :)

13. If this is the most you've got to worry about, you're doing ok for yourself.:roll:

14. You called? I like my bus pass, it gets me about all over Worcestershire thank you very much.

15. Frankly, my dears, I wouldn't be seen dead on a ******* bus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.