Forces pension age to rise to 60.

Makes sense, we're living longer.

Right so does this mean If I commute my pension. I am going to have to wait until I am 60 to get my uplift after 22 years. Its farking pointless commuting then. My 22 point is jan 2015 seen like more the reason to leave before apr 2015, to hopefully be exempt this cack. I hope the FPS is watching this along with the legion..... As it another knife in the back of the soldier not only have they changed the RPI to CPI but now we are getting shafted with this also... wheres the bus!!!!

Not when you have earned it already.
What you have earned up to april 2015 will be safe, after that you get your trousers pulled down and dry bummed. :)

Thank **** I'm out in decenber 2012.

bat,
My understanding, from the limited info published so far is that you will retain whatever Pension terms and Conditions you were entitled to on the previous schemes. You will still be on the old scheme (AFPS 75 presumably) so will get your Pension uplift at age 55.

Shiny

Oh Yeah nearly forgot Tits and Arrse (**** dry just for you)

I hope so - Or my solicitor will be working overtime... Thats a fact!

I heard today that there may be a move to tax lump sums from Apr next year, anyone know if this is just the same old rumour being resurrected or is it true?

I heard today that there may be a move to tax lump sums from Apr next year, anyone know if this is just the same old rumour being resurrected or is it true?
Seeing as the new Pension will not come into effect until 2015 at the earliest, you can surmise that it is just the usual bollocks being splashed around.

Shiny

I'm over 47 so have ninja'd into the exempt changes bracket. I'd like to think that makes up for never getting a loyalty bonus.

Still, I'm sure Karabiner's tax hit will be along shortly, as one door shuts, another one traps your fingers.

"The MoD says the reforms were conceived after consultation with more than 17,500 personnel in the UK and overseas."

******* love it and I bet not a single one of them 17.5k stated that they wanted their ******* pension age to increase.

Considering that all the info released is to do with what's happening to the old pension schemes:

All stop 1 Apr 15 (unless you were over 45 on 1 Apr 12, missed by 1 month, bugger) and move over to the new scheme. All benifits earned upto that point will remain.

The only info released on the new scheme is that it will start 1 Apr 15, details to follow.

How they got the "pension at 60" is a sheer punt..................but probabily a good punt!

Same old shit that was circulated every year for my entire 25 years of service, look even the crabs were at it last year Military pension and gratuity to be taxed! - PPRuNe Forums

It's not only armed forces pensions that allow the draw down of a tax free lump sum - it's only tax free if it is less than 25% of your lifetime pension allowance for that year (£1.5M), if any changes are introduced I'd say the limit on this would be reduced before being completely dismissed, you're probably ok for a couple of years......... then you can start the rumour again or someone else can start it the year before you are due outside!

Same old shit that was circulated every year for my entire 25 years of service, look even the crabs were at it last year Military pension and gratuity to be taxed! - PPRuNe Forums

It's not only armed forces pensions that allow the draw down of a tax free lump sum - it's only tax free if it is less than 25% of your lifetime pension allowance for that year (£1.5M), if any changes are introduced I'd say the limit on this would be reduced before being completely dismissed, you're probably ok for a couple of years......... then you can start the rumour again or someone else can start it the year before you are due outside!
Cheers, saw previous threads but lets face it the way things are going anything is possible nowadays. If it is just a recycled old rumour then happy days

Latest Threads