Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Forces medicals "War pensions"

dougl67

Old Salt
Guys,

You may have come across that company who performs the medical assessments on behalf of SPVA and other Government Agencies. Tomorrow a reporter will blow a hole in their bow’s regarding the investigation he has done concerning the amount of War Pensions these guys have turned down. There is something like a 30% appeal rate or higher. Here in Leeds where I live, they have an abnormally high turn down rate, hence the local story.

A good website to look at for information of someone getting it off his chest is http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatosbusiness.html if you have 5 minutes spare to read it and digest what he is saying, it’s a good read

This reporter has just passed his Degree and has a firm job offer at The Mail on Sunday and he would like to “carry on the motion” when he gets to a mainstream paper. He is after facts and figures and personal experiences as this Agencies contract is up for renewal soon.

I’ve personally won 3 tribunal appeals because of these numptys, I’m now 70% disabled, they have however just turned down a man who is injured worse than me and they claim he has no loss of faculties! 2 of his brick died, his mate was wounded as well in the same incident but of a lesser degree. His mate got a full war pension and lives in the South, this guy got nothing and lives in the North, IE Leeds. Postcode Lottery springs to mind!

Has anybody else been made to suffer by these fools, if so PM please.

PS; see my link under Charities/welfare :D

dougl67 said:
Guys,

You may have come across that company who performs the medical assessments on behalf of SPVA and other Government Agencies. Tomorrow a reporter will blow a hole in their bow’s regarding the investigation he has done concerning the amount of War Pensions these guys have turned down. There is something like a 30% appeal rate or higher. Here in Leeds where I live, they have an abnormally high turn down rate, hence the local story.

A good website to look at for information of someone getting it off his chest is http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatosbusiness.html if you have 5 minutes spare to read it and digest what he is saying, it’s a good read

This reporter has just passed his Degree and has a firm job offer at The Mail on Sunday and he would like to “carry on the motion” when he gets to a mainstream paper. He is after facts and figures and personal experiences as this Agencies contract is up for renewal soon.

I’ve personally won 3 tribunal appeals because of these numptys, I’m now 70% disabled, they have however just turned down a man who is injured worse than me and they claim he has no loss of faculties! 2 of his brick died, his mate was wounded as well in the same incident but of a lesser degree. His mate got a full war pension and lives in the South, this guy got nothing and lives in the North, IE Leeds. Postcode Lottery springs to mind!

Thanks for the PM Azrael2006, hope to speak later

dougl67 said:
Guys,

Thanks for the PM daviroo :D

dougl67 said:
Guys,

Many thanks for dropping me a line tropper66, it was dynamite

Guys,

I have had a cracking story published in the Yorkshire Post today. Its lifted the lid on theMedical Group that performs all the medical examinations on behalf of the DWP & SPVA.

The story was written so well, that BBC Sheffield would like to interview anybody in Sheffield/Doncaster area who have had trouble with Forces related pensions or other benefits. They would be particularly interested in anybody that has had to go to Tribunal or Court to win their entitlements.

PM if you want to get the Contact details of Andy Kershaw BBC Sheffield.

Incidentally, the writer of the story in the Post is starting for a mainstream National paper next week. He is keen to continue with this story.

Interested people who want to talk to him about it should also PM me.

We can only change things if we keep the pressure and momentum up, so don't hesitate to get in touch. :D

Adam

Without dropping names I think you should try to get some of the RBL case workers to open up as they know of all the horror storys.

Guess what,

Elaine from Military Families Support Group (MFSG) alerted me to one of her members has come across, it reads

Today I have recieved a tax coding from HM Revenue and Customs regarding
> my War Disablement Pension, after considerable ringing round I have had
> the tax coding reversed. This could cause some veterans considerable
> distress both emotional and financial. I feel that a warning should be
> issued to all veterans in receipt of a War Disablement Pension to read
> and ensure that they understand any tax coding from HM Revenue and
> Customs

According to the customer service department of theHM Revenue and Customs new computer programme is recognising any pension as taxable, because of this the computer is automaticaly issueing tax coding notices for these pensions. I received my coding yesterday others will receive theirs within the next few weeks.

Ihad to ring around various places SPVA, and Paymaster Generals Office, the HM Revenue and Customs customer service. In the end I had to speak to a supervisor at HM Revenue and Customs, 08453003949, who was able he believed to reverse the coding notice.
In previous years I, like many others I expect, had not taken much notice of this coding notice, unless they are warned many people could be affected by this

Ive come home tonight and found a Tax Code notice for my war pension as well. Does anybody have any further info on this :cry:

dougl67 said:
Ive come home tonight and found a Tax Code notice for my war pension as well. Does anybody have any further info on this :cry:

I had to speak to the tax office today on an unrelated matter. I also asked about this. The adviser I spoke to had no knowledge of it ever happenning and there is no note on my file about my War Pension being taxed.

I've just got off the phone with HM Revenue and Customs regarding this and the message after a very long 34 min wait on hold.

The message is right. I have received at Tax Code notice in error. The guy on the phone accessed my records, brought my pension up, saw that it was previously non tax.

He has amended this for me and is sending me out a new notification for my pension with (NT) non tax.

So i believe the message has turned out to be correct, you might find a Tax Coding notice coming through the post in the next few weeks.

Thought I would respond ASAP after getting through to them :D

Correct message should be

I've just got off the phone with HM Revenue and Customs regarding this and the message after a very long 34 min wait on hold.

The message is right. I have received at Tax Code notice in error. The guy on the phone accessed my records, brought my pension up, saw that it was previously non tax.

He has amended this for me and is sending me out a new notification for my pension with (NT) non tax.

So i believe the message has turned out to be correct, you might find a Tax Coding notice coming through the post in the next few weeks.

Thought I would respond ASAP after getting through to them :D

The number I rang was 08453003949