Forces mail-article

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Sep 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Interesting piece in the finance section of the 'mail on sunday' on the forces post office.some interviews with lads & lassies about the effects on moral. (sorry,no linkey as i'm using mob to post this)spike
  2. Spike,

You are right, it is a good article but I cannot find it on the Mail's site. A search for "BFPO or parcels" turns up nothing new!

Anyone else want to have a go? Especially as I am currently IT-illiterate!

3. Any idea what the artcle is called?

I've searced in the MOS website to no avail.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

It's called 'out here in irap,yuo live for the mail' by toby walne.
  5. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Indeed. It is good to know, then, that the BFPO can get letters to Iraq quicker than they get to NI. I complained to the BFPO' customer services recently that the average transit time for a First Class letter to NI was 10 days; this has not only caused me problems with some legal docs for a house sale, but also prevented me from voting (the ballot papers arrive on the day of the election or afterwards). the BFPO replied with an apology and the usual 'we're working to improve' drivel. Their response was sent by Special Delivery (usually guaranteed next day delivery), and took 14 days to reach me!
  6. At least you got a reply :roll: and there was I thinking it was only my mail that was lost in the mystery that is NI BFPO system!!
  7. 10 days to get mail!!!!
    Thats quick used to take 6 weeks to get to me on Op Fungal (due to crab air not liking my location and having to wait for the Rumanians or Greeks to fly it in)
    Incoming flight was also outgoing mail so wait on the pan check mail reply and pass back to crew to drop off.
    Mind you stopped the ex from bugging me all the time
  8. Does membership of the RMP classify L/Cpl Jones as a women whou you fancy but you shouldnt?