Forces Housing - the ground truth?

Why?

What paper is this for?

Quarters in Germany are, by and large, quite good. I'll agree on the grading points though - I asked for my quarter grading to be looked at again, as it was impossible to close the toilet door without standing on the toilet seat. The reply I received was simply that that particular issue wasn't covered by the current grading policy - end of chat, nothing they could do. It would be good if tenents could influence the grading policy in some way.

Kirky, in the Military Mortgages thread you said you'd served abroad so why can't you use your own knowledge of the TSARs (Tri Service Accomodation Regulations) and the 4 Tier Grading Board process contained therein and fight the good fight that way?

Quarters in GT were regraded last year. We were visited, and everything was checked, from state of repair to number of plug sockets. Some were regraded including ours, some were not. Bods who did it were mostly from JHQ, so they had no local axe to grind or knockback to receive, so I expect it was all fair and above board.

Not for any paper dingerr - and I think that mil housing has been done to death - old news now and unlikely to compete with Eurozone crisis, Abu Qatada released on bail, etc. I have 20+ years service over 3 continents and have lived in 6 quarters and 4 hirings - some good, some not so good. I am, unfortunately, now familiar with TSARs and the 4TG system (I really have better things to be doing) and, bluntslane, I am, indeed, attempting to fight the good fight but it would help to get a wider perspective than my own. Good and bad views welcome - I don't have an agenda but I do not think that the 4TG system is especially easy to understand (I had never heard of it until recently) and is even more difficult to challenge.

Not for any paper dingerr - and I think that mil housing has been done to death - old news now and unlikely to compete with Eurozone crisis, Abu Qatada released on bail, etc. I have 20+ years service over 3 continents and have lived in 6 quarters and 4 hirings - some good, some not so good. I am, unfortunately, now familiar with TSARs and the 4TG system (I really have better things to be doing) and, bluntslane, I am, indeed, attempting to fight the good fight but it would help to get a wider perspective than my own. Good and bad views welcome - I don't have an agenda but I do not think that the 4TG system is especially easy to understand (I had never heard of it until recently) and is even more difficult to challenge.
so why you asking about forces housing then?

You've lived in 10 SFA and didn't know that the accommodation was graded!
Schoolboy error, back to journo school for remedial "how to pretend to be someone else on an internet site" lessons. methinks.

Well, the coincidence is stunning but just that, a coincidence. The DT article is about higher energy bills FFS - what has that got to do with 4TG? I knew accom was graded Felix, but not how particularly, and I am now concerned that it is unduly difficult for anyone below the rank of MG to get a grading reviewed impartially. PM me if you like.

We had the Mess accommodation inspected twice. The first time about 10 years ago which lead to it being on the lowest charge. One was completed just before I moved on so never got the result but it was either going to be the same or free of charge. The process of getting it inspected just took one phone call.

Well, the coincidence is stunning but just that, a coincidence. The DT article is about higher energy bills FFS - what has that got to do with 4TG? I knew accom was graded Felix, but not how particularly, and I am now concerned that it is unduly difficult for anyone below the rank of MG to get a grading reviewed impartially. PM me if you like.
Fill your boots:

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/BE81...B9DCD873C/0/20110418JSP464Pt4Amend6DRAFT2.pdf

I've always found the grading system pretty fair.

All this stuff is in the public domain:

Ministry of Defence | MicroSite | Defence Infrastructure Organisation | What We Do | Accommodation | SFA: Repairs and maintenance

Higher energy bills - why is higher energy bills for forces news??.... not like we get discounted rates over civvies

as for my forces housing - 3 bed semi detached, driveway & garage for just me and the wife & a dog to rattle about in
happy???

........ very :D

I have just handed back my very last ever SFA and thank ****. The DHE guys really do get on my tits and the way they inspect a quarter is medieval. He actually had his hand underneath one of the kitchen cabinet drawers checking for dust on the underside of the draw runner! He then proceeded to try and bill me for a full cooker clean, the cost of which would have been more than the price of a new cooker, until i pointed out that when he handed me the ****ing tip i had noted the cooker, state of, on the 14 day obs form. 'Oh we dont take any notice of them' says he, 'people make all sorts up'.

My crime in all of this seemed to have been hiring a non recommended (back hander agreement no doubt) cleaner who he didnt particularly like, complete and utter **** and once i had gotten a 'clean bill of health' i told him as much. I am so glad that i will never have to go through that process again.