forces fitness

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by swansea84, Jun 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like a watered down version of BMF (only slightly cheaper). Is there not one of those near you?

If the video is anything to go by thier sesions are a cross between a slightly beefed up P.E class and one of those minge company get togethers where everyone pretends to get along whilst doing "fun" activities.

Only way to find out is to go mate but I personally wouldn't bother. All I saw was a group of middles aged tarts with no co-ordenation running in circles. And then up and down some steps which is a sure fire way to FF's first compensation claim.

I stand by for incomming.

2. Hey TBM decided to give it a shot yesterday have to say it's worth every penny.

Still feeling the pain today so going to keep it up now till i go in.

Got to say but for everyone getting on they are all tidy people there. Didnt get one knob full of themself's or anything like that.
  3. Sounds like what they advertise on that video is a bit misleading then.

Good luck to you if works for you then that's all that matters.

4. Looks like a load of pump!

Learn how to get fit and rag the f&^k out of yourself. The instructors are probably going to keep things at an average ability friendly sort of level (BMF have Advance classes by the way).

In my opinion that is :|

I tend to do better when i'm trying to improve on my last session/PB's

If you want any training guides or the like PM me.

good luck

5. I didnt see the video, as long as it improves my fitness lvl im happy.

I think the reason it hurt is i want to make PARA's big time so i pushed my hardest. Ow and i done a 4 mile run before i got there.
  6. FF and BMF I say fair dues to those involved, using mil quals to earn a living or part of in civvy street.

Anyone at any decent level of fitness knows their own body, when to push, when to hold back, when to stop.

Civvys do seem to get moist at the prospect of being shouted at, even some women.
  7. look up "fighting fit" by a guy called Adrian weale I think. Good starting block. If you can't find it pm me a postal address you can receive stuff from. I've got a pre para training manual I can photocopy for you to have a gander at.

8. In order to gain entry into most defense force units or the police or fire department, you are usually required to pass a physical fitness test of some sort.Compound movements that use multiple muscle groups to complete a motion are highly effective for overall strength conditioning.The criticisms and comments below may not apply to many occupations and locations, as there is active work in many areas to improve their selection testing protocols, though there are still many that appear to be behind the times.