• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Forces Financial ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Just been on their site for a quote for my car insurance, so far a lot cheaper, is there a promotional code for members of Arrse? if so what is it and will it give me anymore discount?

Yes i know i am tight fisted.

Sparky
 
#2
Hi Sparky

Good to hear from you again and I’m glad you’ve found the website’s new quote and buy facility for motor insurance competitive – we’ve had some great feedback now we can offer a panel of 23 major insurers in the UK, and a panel of 3 in BFG.

I’m with you in looking for extra value; and the key to discounts is to let us check that the details we have for you are correct and up to date. For example if you had previously required airside cover on your policy and now, because of a new posting perhaps, you no longer need it, your premium could be reduced accordingly (subject to all other factors on your policy being taken into account).

Sorry we don’t have an ARRSE discount in place at the moment, but we are working on a motor campaign, which will be good news for all our military customers, and we’ll come back to you as soon as it is launched. You could also try popping into one of our branches in the UK, Germany or Cyprus for any local offers that may help improve the price.

Until then it might also be worth taking a look at our member benefits area on the Forces Financial site www.forcesfinancial.com to find discounts on hundreds of products and services from high street shops and internet sites. Hope that helps.

Forces Financial is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration number 301858. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL
 
#3
Thanks for the info, found the web site and put in for a quote and found it highly competitive, so much so i have now been telling people here and all have found good value quotes, so far.

Can i cancel my existing insurance with NAFFI/Norwich Union and take out another policy that is 150 pounds cheaper?

Sparky
 
#4
Hi Sparky Sapper

You are free to make your own choices regarding your insurance policy, and Forces Financial cannot advise you to cancel, or not cancel your policy. But, because you have entered into an annual contract with your current motor insurer you will be subject to cancellation fees, and these can vary in size dependent on where you are in the life of the policy.

I’m afraid there are similarities here with buying an item one week and finding it reduced in the sales the next – at which point you cannot go back for a refund! But If you are nearing renewal it may be cost effective to wait until then, when we can offer you quotes from our panel of 23 in the UK, or 3 in BFG which, as you have found, can save you money.

Some customers may find that their renewal letters are offering a quote from their existing insurer, rather than from the full Forces Financial panel. This will be because we do not hold all the information we need to give you the most competitive options – a quick call to our Call Centre 00800 76 76 77 77, or a visit online to http://www.forcesfinancial.com/ will sort this.



Forces Financial is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration number 301858. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL
 
#5
Can anybody join in or is this just a FF internal self-congratulation/advertising forum?

PS. Just a small point. Had to chuckle over your allusion to competitiveness.
 
#6
pombsen-armchair-warrior said:
Can anybody join in or is this just a FF internal self-congratulation/advertising forum?

PS. Just a small point. Had to chuckle over your allusion to competitiveness.
You can join, in if you like, but this however is not an internal self congratulatory thread, if you have a search you will find that i have given NAAFI Financial as it was then quite a bit of stick over their pricing in previous posts, stretching back about a year, as they are the only UK based company that would insure blokes at my unit.

The new online service has improved, and now the blokes can get more of a choice from insurers.

I don't mind giving credit where credit is due, but i will be the first one to say if it is sh1t.

Sparky
 
#7
I've also looked at the new website, and just to test it got a quote, which was actually competitive.

However, since then I have received calls from a company trying to flog me personal accident insurance - coincidence or not?
 

luke

War Hero
#9
Just been quoted £2975.30 for a years insurance of a crappy little Renault Clio (1200cc!).

OK I passed my test in January, but I'm 25 in September, and it's a Clio not a Subaru Impreza for gods sake

Forces Financial Car Insurance – Tailored to the needs of Service Personnel!
My ARRSE!
 
#12
Anyone using these for home and kit insurance? cos it is costing me £500 a year, as I have just realised when moving to a new quarter.

Surely this is astronomic for contents only cover, I have done a search on Moneysupermarket and get quoted £82 as the cheapest without the kit part added for practically the same cover.

I hate feeling like I am being ripped off, anyone recommend cheaper kit insurance that will reduce the £400 difference.
 
#13
Slightly off thread I know, but does anyone know of any good companies/deals that specialise in young drivers? (No1 Son, 19 yrs, student, 1 yr driving mothers car, clean licence/no claims etc.)

He's looking to buy his first car next month (been working full time all summer). Looking at some of the quotes he has got so far, he would be better off binning the idea and spend the money taking taxis everywhere...
 
#14
In BFG you are better off with AXA car insurance and Towergate Wilsons for kit and contents . These guys will give you genuine value for money and not the sheer monopolisation strategies that the so called Forces Favourites employ.
 
#15
seanbean said:
Slightly off thread I know, but does anyone know of any good companies/deals that specialise in young drivers? (No1 Son, 19 yrs, student, 1 yr driving mothers car, clean licence/no claims etc.)
I'm afraid that all first car quotes are going to sting and it won't really get better until he is 25 and has a significant no claims bonus. Running as a named driver on his Mum's car will get him mobile BUT if he drives it as the main or only driver it is a fraud, (and uninsured), and he won't be getting any no claims himself. (That said, the years experience helps).

Find an old low group car, 1-4 say, do the PassPlus course, then talk to Endsleigh, NU Direct, Adrian Flux, Direct Line and potentially his local walk-in insurance broker. There is no quick route to a low quote for the young, unless he gets a new car, the insurance will be more than the cost of the car!

Blame the uninsured chavs, immature willy waivers in hot hatches and the generally horrifying accident rate in drivers between 17-25.
 
#16
Forces_Financial said:
You are free to make your own choices regarding your insurance policy, and Forces Financial cannot advise you to cancel, or not cancel your policy. But, because you have entered into an annual contract with your current motor insurer you will be subject to cancellation fees, and these can vary in size dependent on where you are in the life of the policy.
Worth noting that such cancellation fees may be regarded as either unlawful penalty charges (if they do not represent an actual loss), or come under the unfair contract terms legislation.

Some people on the Consumer Action Group forum have had some success with this.
 
#17
jeremy996 said:
seanbean said:
Slightly off thread I know, but does anyone know of any good companies/deals that specialise in young drivers? (No1 Son, 19 yrs, student, 1 yr driving mothers car, clean licence/no claims etc.)
I'm afraid that all first car quotes are going to sting and it won't really get better until he is 25 and has a significant no claims bonus. Running as a named driver on his Mum's car will get him mobile BUT if he drives it as the main or only driver it is a fraud, (and uninsured), and he won't be getting any no claims himself. (That said, the years experience helps).

Find an old low group car, 1-4 say, do the PassPlus course, then talk to Endsleigh, NU Direct, Adrian Flux, Direct Line and potentially his local walk-in insurance broker. There is no quick route to a low quote for the young, unless he gets a new car, the insurance will be more than the cost of the car!

Blame the uninsured chavs, immature willy waivers in hot hatches and the generally horrifying accident rate in drivers between 17-25.
Thanks Jeremy - my/his worst suspicions confirmed!
 
#18
Chubby_Brown said:
Anyone using these for home and kit insurance? cos it is costing me £500 a year, as I have just realised when moving to a new quarter.

Surely this is astronomic for contents only cover, I have done a search on Moneysupermarket and get quoted £82 as the cheapest without the kit part added for practically the same cover.

I hate feeling like I am being ripped off, anyone recommend cheaper kit insurance that will reduce the £400 difference.
CB.

You are correct in your analysis. FF decided that my premium was to rise astronomically due to my SFA being 'outside of the wire', a fact that seemed to have escaped their predecessors, NAAFI Financial, for a very long time. Perhaps as they perceived there was in fact no extra risk and therefore the premiums reflected that limited risk.

My policy falls due for renewal in Oct and I will not be using FF again. Home contents cover can be obtained much cheaper elsewhere, the removals and transit elm purchased when reqd, and the kit elm I will take risk on (very little I may add), as I have very little kit, and the potential for a claim by the MoD for damage or loss I may or may not occasion to HM property is mitigated by the financial limits detailed in QR.

Sad, as I have been a customer since 1985, but failure to assess risk/premium adequately, and disregard for no-claims history, is more than reason enough to say farewell.

Of course, if you live outside of the UK, the cover you need may not realistically be obtainable elsewhere.
 
#19
I just got a quote, for a giggle. I'm currently paying around £350 a year for my BMW, the cheapest quote I got from the website was £650, and that was if I added extra voluntary excess.
 
#20
Pombsen Armchair Warrior

Please let us take a look at the details you have been quoted for your renewal - your policy number and contact details in a pm will give us the opportunity to demonstrate we really do value your loyalty and custom.

Forces Financial is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration number 301858. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Top