Forces Favourites...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sfub, May 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Myself and another Arrser were discussing comedians recently; I like Billy Connolly, and not just for his 15 Para background, but feel he's gone off the boil in recent years; my oppo rates Jim Davidson. Who would you like to see and why?

There is a reason behind this, but that will be revealed in the fullness of time...
  2. Tommy Trinder, Jimmy Jewell, Jack Warner, Sandy Powell, Max Miller, George Formby, Terry-Thomas, Arthur Askey

ah the old days, smog, gas lighting and outside toilets

Is that my top hat and horsedrawn carriage.........I thank you
  3. A naked and cowering Katherine Jenkins, preferably squatting in a pool of her own liquid fear. Why? Because I'm a filthy degrader of women, espicially those with wide, splayed labia, cheekily showing the secret place where they piss from.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Not so much comediens in their own right,but collectivly I'm going for the cast of Dads Army.No matter how many times I've seen the episodes or the spin off films,they're always funny.
    Not to add the military service by the likes of Arnold Ridley,Jon Le Meaisurer ect gave them an insight into service life no civvie actor will ever have.
  5. Frankie Boyle. The man is pure evil. :D
  6. Al Murray and Jim Davidson always get me laughing!

Not so much a fan of people like Jimmy Carr / Alan Carr.
  7. Seconded. The man couldn't give a flying fcuk what he says or the reaction it causes. Top bloke.
  8. You started off well and then you just had to go and ruin it!
  9. Yes I know she would never degrade herself to those standards

But I could help her loosen up..... Does this smell of Rohipnol to you darling
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Wins by a Country mile for me
    Followed by Connolly and Murray
  11. Dara O'Briain.
  12. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

John LeMesurier; always seemed laid back and a bit doddery. Only recently learned he was stoned on cannabis the whole time.

Comedians? Try Al Read, Kenneth Horne, or more recently Jim Davidson for his total incorrectness. Mainstream comedians like Carr etc are ok for a while. Ken Dodd is great value for money, but to really laugh, Bob Newhardt or Gerard Hoffnung do the business, however, comedy is subjective.
  13. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Personally I'm with Five Alpha.

If we could also add the Irish one from the Saturdays into the mix that would be really great too. Preferably with tear streaked make-up, broken high heels, laddered tights and a slightly ripped blouse.
  14. Each time I ask a question on here, I get a little more scared..... the insights into your minds are truly worrying.
  15. On the US side, Bill Hicks, Reginald Hunter.